PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Agricultural Festival/Cowboy Night at NKP
    Thanks

Agricultural Festival/Cowboy Night at NKP

3 February 2008
    Translated from Isan News, Thai language

NKP Hosts Ag Festival

Nakhon Phanom University has arranged to hold the 11th Mekhong Group Agricultural Festival for 2008 from 8-11 February 2008 at the Agricultural College of the University of Nakhon Phanom , Kham Tao Market, Meung district of NKP.

The opening event will take place on 8 February at 10:00 hrs. This year’s festival will include exhibitions from the University’s departments, both state and private exhibits. There will be various districts exhibiting sustainable economy models, shows and competitions in agriculture and animal husbandry, fisheries, agricultural career competitions, delicious papaya salad, etc. There will also be a Cowboy Night. For the music portion of the competition, this year there will be three cash awards, as well as cups, for the top places; 10,000 Baht, 7,000 Baht and 5,000 Baht and 2,000 Baht. More details are available from organizers at Tel. 081-6708931 or Ajarn Lapa 085-7563569.
    The Heart determines what is Possible by the Mind

Thanks

Re: Agricultural Festival/Cowboy Night at NKP

A co-worker of mine in Bkk has a regular taxi driver from Isan that he calls on. When the taxi driver learned he was going back to the US for a few weeks, he offered to drive him to the airport for free if he would bring him some real American spurs back.
    Seems they like dressing up as cowboys in Isan.

Thanks

I had read a post quite awhile back asking about Cowboy Festivals in Isaan. It came as a pleasent surprise to find out that they actually exist.

The thought of my Thai father-in-law in a ten-gallon hat and spurs would bring as much humor to me as his thought of me in a Speedo swimming with other Farang son-in-laws (and an elephant) at the boat races. The world would be a much more interesting place if more people had the Isaan mindset and just doing what they thought was fun.

I am serious about the Speedo...oh yeah....it's coming...we will see if his daughter married up or not...how fast can an elephant swim anyhow?
    The Heart determines what is Possible by the Mind

Thanks

Great post thank you sir! i never would have thunk it.5555

Thanks

Yeah, there is a real sense of fun to this since when my friend asked him why he wanted spurs the taxi driver told him he likes to dress up as a cowboy and walk around the village because it makes everyone laugh. That's a great sport!
    Unfortunately, my work mate's family moved from Kentucky to Alaska years back and he couldn't find any spurs there.

Thread Information