PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Every day i think about thailand
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

happy

My name is Wisawa and my English name is David. I am male, currently living and studying in Australia. I have been here ever since I was 6 years old so that is a very long time. I am 18 now. This is my final year of high school and hopefully I can get into a good college to study further. I cant really speak Thai anymore but I can understand it. I came from Issan (North-east area of Thailand). I visited Thailand late last year and I love it very much. Every day I think about Thailand as I love my King. I dont mind Australia. People say that I am more Australian than Thai but I don't believe so. I can never ever forget where I came from. Even though I have been rasied up in an Australian Culture, I am still Thai no matter what. When I first arrived here in Australia I had a big culture shock. It took me a while to adjust and make new friends and learn another language. I was very fortunate to come to Australia because it is a very lucky country. In Thailand not very many opportunites exist for jobs today and the economy is on the down side. I love Australia as well but Thailand is where I came from. It is very depressing and makes me sad to see Thai people in a bad state. I was born near Udon Thani and over in that area things aren't so good so I can see how fortunate I am. I am going to Thailand again at the end of this year to visit family and check out Bangkok. Thank you!

mattnben Guest
    I know how you feel, i have many thai friends in sydney, and people always say they are more aussie than thai...this isnt a bad thing. it doesnt mean you have to forget your culture or where you are from. be proud to be an aussie. take care

Thanks
    hey i know how you feel! I was born in Bangkok Thailand, and when i was 2 months old we came to America! I want to go to Thailand so bad but i am only 15 my mom said when i am 18 i can go. Last year my parents went to Laos and Thailand! but i couldn't go because I had school! but be proud of who you are! because here in america there are too many problems! it was a peaceful country until this war!

Thanks
    This is quite interesting, Asisomsouk. So... when you go to Thailand, do you think of staying there, or just a temporary visit? Just curious...

pook Guest
    i so relate to this. i was born in songkhla thailand and came to australia when i was four, i didnt have "a culture shock" like u did as i was only four and well...u can imagine. i can speak thai fluently but i can only read and write a bit as i left in anubarn 2 but im learning!!! i really, really miss thailand too (even though i only came back from a visit a few weeks ago ) i wanna go back and live there one day and teach english (like so many others in this forum) cos thailand is just so wonderful and i feel so at home there!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]it was a peaceful country until this war!
    Just remember who started the war on september 11 2001.
    America could have more support from Thailand and the international community, to make the world more peaceful the good countries need to unite, not argue, bad countries have no respect for diplomacy, they only respect force.

Thanks
    I think we have forgotten who financed guns and military skills to Ben Laden during the afghanistan War. 1 billion dollars given by CIA to Ben Laden by year in order to fight against USSR.
    What made Ben laden and muslim terrorists is not acceptable. That's right.
    As usual, it's the population which suffer from that.
    It's not a problem of good and Bad countries. It's a problem between mad extremists and Business conglomerate which govern ours 'rich economic democracy'
    Have we found destructive weapon in Irak? have we found Ben laden in Irak? Have we found evidence between 11 september and irakian governement?
    No.
    But the war in Irak permitted 2 things: End of a dictator which is a good novel and the fact that now, US obtain 5 GPD Grow of economy because he control Irakian petroleum and rebuilding market in Irak.
    Mr BUSH why did you have not made war in Bosnia? Why do you not make war in North Korea where Millions people die of starvation...
    Oups sorry i have made an error like you Paul_au.

Mr the conglomerate lobbyist, why did you... answer:BY INTEREST of course....

It's not a problem between a bad or a good country.

We have two ennemies: terrorists and financial conglomerate. And we are between them
    \"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.\"

Le petit prince
    Antoine de Saint Exupery

delawang Guest
    I ask this every so often and I need to ask again because I really respect the opinions of the people who have been through the experience of growing up in the west. I am a US citizen and my wife is Thai. We are going to live an America for awhile, maybe 2 years maybe 10 years we are not sure. It is too hard to make money in Thailand. We have to come to the USA to work. My wifes daughter is 8 years old and we may have more children as well. Do you think it is better for us to leave the children at home in Thailand or should we bring them here to the USA? Almost every adult, Thai or farang, in the USA thinks it is better to bring the children with us so they can go to an American school and learn English. Almost all adults in Thailand think it is better to leave the children in Thailand and come back and visit them as much as possible.

My wife and I are both leaning towards leaving the kids in Thailand. I grew up in the west and I did not like it; I think life is better in Thailand and even tho I will miss the kids a lot, I do not want them to suffer. What do you think? Knowing what you know about life and about growing up, what do you think a parent should do?

Thanks
    If i have well understand, you are more than 2 to take a decision.
    Have you ask his feelings about that to your 8 years old wife daughter?
    In the future, your children blame you more for forsake them than for extract them from their origin home and country.

If it's not a material problem, bring them with you

But it's better having a material problem now than a paternal or maternal problem after.
    \"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.\"

Le petit prince
    Antoine de Saint Exupery

annabee Guest
    Dear Delawang I know this is a real late reply and u might have solved your issue or ready but I just wanted to tell u from experience to take your kids with you.

When my mother came to australia for the first time she came alone and even though my sister was 6 she still felt like mum had kinda anbandon her. She came back for us though a year later but it was hard for us as a family to reform that once strong family bond..we were scared she was going to leave for another year so my brother got really clingy and I was so young when she came back i couldnt remember her and my nana says i wouldnt let her hold me with out me throwing a fit and my sister went into a sulk for ages.

So the point is take the children with you..Children get over moving countries ,schools, localities but they dont get over not have parental guidiance , love and attention from a distance.

Thread Information