PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Suits

Thread: Suits

Thanks

Suits

Hi,

I am looking for general advice on getting a couple of suits made whilst I am in Bangkok in March.

Can anyone recommend any decent places/shop to purchase these? Roughly how long they will take to be made? And a rough estimate of prices involved?

Many thanks
    Last edited by yeows; 13-02-08 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Thread moved

Thanks

Re: Suits

Wow Flynn suits in the far east so many places. all i can say is bring something that fits you well and they will copy it . I f they are any good who knows. If you are from or near the uk we still have the best tailors in the world save up. a good suit will put you back £500 +£2000

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

There is an old thread here that may assist.

And another old thread

Typing "Bangkok Tailors" into "Search" at the top of this page will turn up some more possibly useful threads.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnster View Post
    Wow Flynn suits in the far east so many places. all i can say is bring something that fits you well and they will copy it . I f they are any good who knows. If you are from or near the uk we still have the best tailors in the world save up. a good suit will put you back £500 +£2000
    There is a tailor called Savile Row Bangkok (or something like this) near Asok BTS.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

There used to be a tailor in one of the sois behind the New World Lodge hotel in Banglamphu that seemed to offer a reasonable price for a suit and a couple of shirts. I seem to recall they advertised that they would get it to you in 24 hours. I have never used them and don't know if they still there (most shops/restaurants around the NWL seemed to be different each visit.)

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

Many people warn about the design being either outdated or plain crappy. I dont know enough to tell if this is true or not however at all bigger malls you can buy suits as well, often from some kind of brand.

Thanks

Sved its not so much the stye or cut its the time, Wow 24 hours for a suit unreal. A good suit would take at least 2-3weeks with 2-3 fittings.
    And yes i have brought in BKK and many people are still laughing beware !!!!!!

Thread Information