PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Nice Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Nice Restaurants in Chiang Mai

Any nice restaurants to recommend in Chiang Mai?

I'd been to:
    1) Monkey Club Bar
    2) Mo C Mo L (really nice hot fudge cake)
    3) Goodview
    4) Riverside
    5) Warm Up

Also a restaurant on top of the moutain which I'd forgotten the name.... I heard there's a nice restaurant which is kinda covered with glass and has a tree on its roof top or something.

Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Nice Restaurants in Chiang Mai

Ratana's Kitchen, Thanon Thaphae...
    http://2point8.blogspot.com/2007/03/...hiang-mai.html

Thanks

There's a really cool Japanese place on Th Arak Soi 3. Can't remember the name of it but it's just near Th Arak. It's where the cool set gather but they let me in anyway.

Thanks

I really enjoy the "Riverside" and also the "Good View" right next door. Always busy and full of Thais and a few Farangs enjoying themselves and eating good food. There's always a friendly atmosphere by the river and the Riverside in particular often has a really good band with great songs. When I think of Chiangmai I usually find myself visualising a nice meal at the Riverside, after a trip up to Doi Suthep.
    Ӽ

Thanks

thumbs up Re: Nice Restaurants in Chiang Mai

When you say "Nice", everyone has their own interpretation of what is "Nice"
    Below I mention Two of many that I experienced..........

I was in Chiang Mai at Christmas, and tried all types of restaurants. Most memorable was at Lanna Mantra Hotel (where we stayed) after a long day of sightseeing. A small selection of Typical Thai Food with fresh prawns and Hot dark Pork curry, and other Dishes.
    Not a "walk in" restaurant as its out of town and caters for its Residents. It was the simplicity, Service and the convinience after a long day and the previous evenings "Gala Dinner" in Le Crystal Restaurant.

Now this "Gala Dinner" at Le Crystal, was SPECIAL and Blo@dy Expensive, but worth it if you really want to do something special.
    It was a set price "Buffet" on an International theme. (Including a bottle of wine) There was a Barbecue with fresh fish and meat cooked to order; a Thai selection; roast Turkey and all the trimmings; Desserts to die for with a Flowing Chocolate Fountain.
    But the best was the minature appetizers, known as a "Taster Menu" or "Degustation".....

Just had to look up what I paid for this, on my credit card statement...... 7,000baht (including bottle of wine)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0017.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	1465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chocolate Fountain.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	1466  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 Le Crystal Buffet.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	1467  
    Last edited by homejames; 20-02-08 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Check price of Buffet (lol)

Thanks

my current favourite is a small dimsum restaurant called Diawmod opposite Lanna Palace hotel, at the intersection of Chang Klan and a road whose name I forgot but there is a spelling mistake in it that I remember they make awesome noodle soups and shrimp in batter as well.
    there is a great Vietnamese restaurant in a small soi off Huaykaew, not very far from Central, but on the opposite side. again, names escape me
    not very helpful I know. maybe I should mark on a map but way to lazy for that now.
    once I was invited for a buffet lunch at the Empress hotel, I'm told it's 400 baht or so, I rarely eat like a pig but sometimes it happens. I miss good farang food but I'm not bothered enough to pay that sort of price myself.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

If good traditional UK food-yes there is such a thing!-is your desire, then Imperial Mai Ping Hotel is the best! The Chef spent 8 years in the UK and picked up all of the good stuff and none of the bad. You can walk in off the street for lunch or dinner and it is buffet style so you can help yourself to what you want. Also available is some Thai food, but this is more to farang tastes rather than Thai so far as the use of chilli goes-ie-mild. There are also veg salads, fruit and puddings-Thai mainly. Current cost unknown.

Thanks

How about "Khao Soy" restaurant? I have to have them whenever I'm in Chiang Mai.

Thanks

There is a very good vegetarian restaurant right next to Thapae Gate. It's also a bookstore, and will also buy your old books (if I remember correctly). I loved to sit there and have a nice meal, reading one of the books in one of the heaps of pillows
    And because most people are reading anyway, it's relatively quiet, almost like a library sometimes
    Don't remember the name of the place though... maybe it's even one of the places mentioned in earlier posts.

Oh and the "Rooftop bar", also at Thapae Gate, also serves delicious food. Though it attracts lots of farangs, and looks like the average backpacker's bar that could be anywhere in the world... But the food is absolutely worth it!
    life is wonderful!

Thanks

Maipenrai I used to go to that veg restaurant but then it was closed for ages, not sure if it has reopened, though I come home right that way every single day. I will check it out

Thread Information