PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
What to bring, what to bring....
    Argh! I just got my luggage for my exchange in Thailand, but all the gifts for my hosts take up more then half the bag! I have very, very little room for clothing and personal items. What's the essentials for a a year in Thailand?

Thanks
    Oi!

Good to see you're thinking ahead. Here's a bit of what I packed for a year and what I found very essential.

1 - High quality *anti-perspirant.* Obviously you'll be sweating a lot and after awhile, a deodorant kind of doesn't cut it. I'd just cut out the middle man and bring in an anti-perspirant. Plus, I couldn't find an anti-perspirant in Thailand; only deodorants.

2 - Tampons. Not that I brought them. Honestly! Among the female exchange students I met, this was one of their biggest concerns, and apparently they were kind of hard to find.

3 - Light, cotton clothing. Your skin needs to breathe, so wearing something light and breathable like cotton is a very good idea.

4 - Rotary Jacket. Nuff said

5 - You probably will not need a lot in the way of toiletries, as your host will probably head out shopping for that kind of stuff when you arrive. So, you can pick up a toothbrush, combs, and the like when you arrive.

6 - If you absolutely need some electric items, then you should also consider purchasing a voltage adaptor when you arrive.

7 - Money belt that can strap on underneath your clothing, and perhaps a fake wallet with only a few baht in it. Not to promote the idea that it's not a safe country, but speaking from experience, I was glad only to lose a few baht and keep my actual money safe.

8 - Maybe a hat. But if things get really rough, you can always hold a book over your head and get instant, mobile shade that way.

Umm that's about all I can think of for now...any other past YE (Youth Exchange) Students have any idea of what to bring?

Jonny

PS - For some...interesting...culture shock, try brushing your teeth with Darlie. It's quite effervescent , at least for Westerners!

Thanks

blushing

Tampons?! I don't even think they even sell it there in Thailand..I think. I just see pads!!!! LOL yes bring your own!! Just in case..there's is quite "ghetto" or that's what I've seen so far...hehe! NO OFFENSE!

Thank you guys

panic

Nice

Vali Guest
    Yea even the pads in Thailand are pretty UCK and tampons are pretty hard to find.

Thread Information