PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Queries about 'fake' marriage
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Queries about 'fake' marriage

I heard that many thai couples somehow like get themselves 'married', have a family with kid etc but they are not lawfully recognized as married couples because they didn't register for it. Is this true?

If it is, let's say if you ask for a thai girl hand.. and she agree to be your 'wife' but having officially getting married by law and the ceremony etc maybe 1 -2 years down the road due to maybe work or whatever stuffs... Im not sure but would like to ask will the girl stand on her word and unofficially be your wife? or agree for fun because at that time she loves you etc? In another words, does a guy asking for a girl's hand, such question is it very important to the thai girl?

Just curious....

PS: Sorry if it might be a naive/kiddish question.

Thanks

Re: Queries about 'fake' marriage

The buddhist cermony have no legal status in Thailand, unlike in west where the priest usually have the right to register marriages, and its quite common that people never register their marriage so yes its true.

I dont understand what your asking in your second question.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geNe36 View Post
    I heard that many thai couples somehow like get themselves 'married', have a family with kid etc but they are not lawfully recognized as married couples because they didn't register for it. Is this true?

If it is, let's say if you ask for a thai girl hand.. and she agree to be your 'wife' but having officially getting married by law and the ceremony etc maybe 1 -2 years down the road due to maybe work or whatever stuffs... Im not sure but would like to ask will the girl stand on her word and unofficially be your wife? or agree for fun because at that time she loves you etc? In another words, does a guy asking for a girl's hand, such question is it very important to the thai girl?

Just curious....

PS: Sorry if it might be a naive/kiddish question.
    I would love to help, but couldn't understand your questions would you like to clarify it please.

Thanks

Sorry for the messed up question.

Let's say you wanna marry this girl.... but in near future, not now...(officially n lawfully)
    But having a long dist r/s, scare for her being 'playful' outside...
    You intend to like ask her for her hand to 'marry' you like now but it's only like between you two. (unofficially) But you'll get her a ring. It might be a playful question between couples.
    Wanna ask whether do thai girls take such question seriously even if it's just a merely a question between couples? Or will they think.... "awww so sweet... ok bf, i 'marry' you... but maybe gf say 'marry' for fun only but inside she still think she's single etc...or will she take such a question seriously and although not lawfully married, she'll take such qns seriously and behave herself and 'pretend' that she's married already with the standby ring on her finger..

Argh... i'm getting long and windy until i dont know how to ask... maybe it's a question with answer that have to see the girl's character or her love for you... maybe it's not a culture thingy... just asking only... ask until i myself not sure what i wanna ask already... whahahahha

Thanks

I don't understand what you are getting at either.
    But seems to mean , Will such girl by just being engaged keep her knees together with others. and that can only be answered by the girl, and even a registered marriage is no sure thing that she will not receive all comers anyway, so it is up to the girl.

Some girls married by civil registry, or Buda ceremony or engaged or living with a guy can not seem to be true to only one guy, while others are..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geNe36 View Post
    You intend to like ask her for her hand to 'marry' you like now but it's only like between you two. (unofficially)

I agree what FaranginPetch said but I dont think this will increase the odds to be honest.

Thanks

I think what you are referring to is the common way of addressing couples who live together. Thais seems to have little distinction between a couple living together (in a way in which is similar to marriage) and an actual married couple.
    If you ask the majority of Thai girls if they would marry you, they will take that as the latter example aforementioned.
    If you are talking about getting engaged then thats fair enough, however that requires commitment from both parties, and for a long distance relationship I feel that could be quite difficult.

Just my 2 satang!

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks

The 'registered' marriage is the only one officially recognised in Thailand for legal purposes, while the family would probably only be happy with with a blessing ceremony, possibly involving sin sot and all that involves.
    Many young couples are now opting to live together as 'faen' or 'fans', simply because they cannot afford what can become an extremely expensive village party!
    Engagement does not imply or require living together, just the commitment to do so later.
    The route travelled is entirely the choice of the participants, as are the problems that may be encountered on the way.
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thanks

But the lack of money stops no one from a legal marriage because it would not cost 200 baht to go to the Amphur and get it registered, but with further thoughts of "splitting the sheets", then it is just as well to shack up if you do not intend it to last, but even at that, a divorce costs nothing as long as both agree to the terms.

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks

Any partnership, legally contracted or otherwise, relies so much on that one word that involves so much, 'commitment'!

Without it all else counts for nothing.
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thread Information