PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
A melodious flood?
    Thanks

A melodious flood?

It's final exam time for the students in one of the stories I'm reading. They have to show they've learned their poetry/verse. They all get in order to read. ....and then... a melodius flood???

เริ่มจากครูข้าว อ่านทำนองเสนาะ ตามด้วยหล้า

Is that to indicate that all of the presentations went on from there, so beautifully? like a flood? ???

Thanks

Re: A melodious flood?

Quote Originally Posted by Pailin View Post
    It's final exam time for the students in one of the stories I'm reading. They have to show they've learned their poetry/verse. They all get in order to read. ....and then... a melodius flood???

Is that to indicate that all of the presentations went on from there, so beautifully? like a flood? ???
    hey pailin, if i tell you that ทำนอง is one word, i think you'll be ok. see how you go knowing that.

all the best.

Thanks

Good pointer, aanon! But hang on a minute . . . What's up with the หล้า at the end? I don't get that. Could it be a typo, or is the sentence cut off in midstream?

DogoDon

Thanks

That's one of the girls names...

..and THANKS Aanon for ทำนอง

Thanks

Pailin,
    In the context you have posted I think that there are 2 persons, ครูข้าว (a teacher named ข้าว 'Khao') and หล้า (a student named หล้า 'Laa'). Both are reading a kind of poetry. The first person doing reading is ครูข้าว (a teacher named ข้าว 'Khao') and the next one is หล้า (a student named หล้า 'Laa').

Thanks

Yes, you are correct... sorry that I didn't clarify all of that, as I only had questions about the ทำนองเสนาะ part. Yes, There is a teacher, and many students throughout the story.

Thanks

If oyu look it up in the dictionary, it means " rhythm of prose". The teacher reads poem in the melodious way, like singing.

Thread Information