PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Hot Thai signs in my 'hood - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Thai signs in my 'hood

Quote Originally Posted by aanon View Post
    it is hard to read, i think the word is س˹, which roughly means precious rich kid. in other words, if you want this job, you have to be able to work hard, work in a team, perhaps even get your hands dirty.

all the best.
    Yes, in Thai rich families, they call children " س˹ " - it can be used for boys and girls. Some of those س˹ can be very bossy and dictative. It is kind of an insult.

Thanks

Wow. now I have a reason to go back to Australia.

"You charge me 20 baht extra to see some crummy fish in an aquarium in your country. Well get ready to cough up $20,000, 'cause I'm gonna sue your pants off for racial discrimination!"

Benesato.

Thanks

ͧҡ = souvenir
    khorng faak

You'll likely to hear a close friend say "seu khorng maa faak duay na" whenever you're going on a trip.

Thanks

The remaining 2 are similar. Both informing they're accepting application for employees. Although I'm not sure what does "Se-Rif" mean..... Sorry can't type Thai fonts here.

Thanks

As for the word 'س˹', it doesn't need to mean a kid from rich family. Anyone who can't bear with difficulties can be addressed as a 'س˹'. For example; If you were hired to work but you often complain about your work or telling that you can't do this work or that work. This is the character of 'س˹'. The employer might say "I hire a worker to work for me not a 'س˹' to complain about job and wait for others to work for you".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alone View Post
    As for the word 'س˹', it doesn't need to mean a kid from rich family. Anyone who can't bear with difficulties can be addressed as a 'س˹'. For example; If you were hired to work but you often complain about your work or telling that you can't do this work or that work. This is the character of 'س˹'. The employer might say "I hire a worker to work for me not a 'س˹' to complain about job and wait for others to work for you".
    Ya, this was explained earlier. Can be used to mean "spoilt kid". Often used as a sacarstic remark.

Thanks

Glad you have enjoyed this. I will head out with my camera and try to find some more.

Meanwhile, for those of you who read Chinese, what does the sign in the attached photo say? In English the restaurant is called Dainty Szechuan but my mates Lin and Hua were asking me what dainty means and I think the Chinese name might be Bountiful Szechuan.

Isn't translation fascinating?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP1349.jpg  

Thanks

"Tien Fu" should mean "Havenly Court" not "Dainty". The last three words "Chuan Cai Guan" is often used for Szechuan restaurants.

"Cai Guan" means "eatery".

Sorry, can't type chinese too. he he he

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKY View Post
    "Tien Fu" should mean "Havenly Court" not "Dainty". The last three words "Chuan Cai Guan" is often used for Szechuan restaurants.

"Cai Guan" means "eatery".

Sorry, can't type chinese too. he he he
    Ah, interesting. Lin had a story about someone important returning to Szechuan and taking a chef from the Heavenly Court with him after being told by the Emperor that any wish would be granted.

BTW: Awesome food there but dainty is not the word for it. A couple of Cantonese restaurants nearby do dainty.

Thanks

BUCKY SAID:

The remaining 2 are similar. Both informing they're accepting application for employees. Although I'm not sure what does "Se-Rif" mean..... Sorry can't type Thai fonts here.

_________

That is 'serve'. They are looking for a person to 'serve' food, in other words, a waiter/waitress.

all the best.

Thread Information