PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Areas with Dangerous Air pollution
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Areas with Dangerous Air pollution

I came across a website today that gives daily reading for air pollution in Thailand. If you are thinking about coming here to live then this might be a good idea to see which province you should avoid.

As you can see, my home province of Samut Prakan is in fact the worse province in Thailand. It is not really surprising because it is an industrial city. The Air Quality Index (AQI) shouldn't be more than 100. Particulate Matter (PM) is dust that is less than 10 microns.

http://www.pcd.go.th/AirQuality/Regional/Default.cfm

More stories on our forums about air pollution can be found by clicking on the tag links below.

Thanks

Re: Areas with Dangerous Air pollution

Chiang Mai has been having air pollution problem according to villagers burning dry plants. It's said that the pollution might be worse than last year.
    Don't just love him, but show him

Thanks

everybody is getting hysterical about pollution in Chiang Mai. and one day I will get hysterical seeing everybody get hysterical.
    no, it is MUCH BETTER than last year.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Betti View Post
    everybody is getting hysterical about pollution in Chiang Mai. and one day I will get hysterical seeing everybody get hysterical.
    no, it is MUCH BETTER than last year.
    Betti-Do you think the improvememnt is down to the authorities carrying out their threat made last year to get really tough with the "burners", or is it down to more favourable weather conditions?

Thanks

there are fewer fires, I think it could be both, though I have no idea what the authorities are doing. the weather is still cool at night, last rain of the season was in November, and first rains a couple of days ago, overall not as hot and dry as last year.
    could be a lot better, but I just hate all the articles about this. just look at the figures in Bangkok, and nobody is warning tourists they are playing with their lives if they set foot in Bangkok.

Thanks

It happened in Roi-Et (villagers burning ѧ) and the local administration did a good job by, instead of giving a threat, telling their people what they shouldn't do to ruin their home and children, creating dignity for the people being a good sample for other burners in nearby provinces.
    Don't just love him, but show him

Thanks

I'm in Huay Kwang area, Ratchada, guess it's not so bad around my part

Thread Information