PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Questions on Bangkok and Thailand! please help
    Thanks

Questions on Bangkok and Thailand! please help

Hey! ok so me and a friend are visiting Thailand for the first time this summer. we want to see everything! here are some questions if anyone can answer. Thank you!

-i was looking at the map of bangkok..where is the bangkok intl airport? and where should we stay that is not too far from it?
    -We want to see the ruins in Cambodia. how far is it from Bangkok? and how do we get there?
    -is it safe for two tourist girls from the US??

thank you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Questions on Bangkok and Thailand! please help

Quote Originally Posted by tltiffany View Post
    Hey! ok so me and a friend are visiting Thailand for the first time this summer. we want to see everything!
    So, you are planning on coming for six months?

The international airport is to the east of Bangkok in Samut Prakan Province. If you are planning on seeing the sights inside Bangkok then there is no need to stay near the airport. Just catch a taxi into the city.

By ruins in Cambodia I presume you mean Angkor Wat? You can either fly from Bangkok or go overland. The former is expensive and the latter is time consuming and a little painful as the roads on the Cambodian side are not that good yet. You would need a minimum of three days at the ruins.

People travel alone in Thailand all the time. It is safe as long as you follow simple rules and common sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tltiffany View Post
    Hey! ok so me and a friend are visiting Thailand for the first time this summer. we want to see everything! here are some questions if anyone can answer. Thank you!

-i was looking at the map of bangkok..where is the bangkok intl airport? and where should we stay that is not too far from it?
    -We want to see the ruins in Cambodia. how far is it from Bangkok? and how do we get there?
    -is it safe for two tourist girls from the US??

thank you!
    Everything? Hahaha. I am afraid that sounds too ambitious. I have been visiting Thailand often for the last decade and I still cannot claim that. How long do you intend to stay? I suggest you list down your interests (beaches? temples? elephant ride? shopping? etc.). If you give us an idea of the above we may be able to help you map out your travel plans.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Welcome to the Forum.
    To put things into perspective, Thailand is twice the size of California!
    As Marie, says, draw up a shortlist. If you need feedback/info on a place try using the "Search" facility on the blue bar almost at the top of this page-chances are there is existing trustworthy info already available.
    If you can not find the answer to a specific question, please do not hesitate to make another post.
    If you want to price/book hotels-there is a link to a good booking site in the red area at just below the title, also at the top of the page.

Thanks

i don't dare to say i can see everything... but i do hope to visit all the provinces if i can...

Thanks

hi rallicurl,

i think u should also factor in when u & ur fren will be holidaying in thailand, as the weather season counts also.

the other posters give good tips & u would do well to folllow.

if u need maps of any area in thailand, i suggest u can google (for example) "map of chatuchak market" or "map of XX place bangkok"; any good search engine worth its salt will throw up good maps for u to print out (i know, cos i got lots of maps)

have a good holiday.

Thanks

erm... thanks TempuraUdon, i don't think i need a map cause i can just ask any thai for help. my last trip at thailand. i took a bus which i don't even know where it's heading to... at the end, i back to my hotel again...555+

Thanks

Can you stay for 6months?? make sure you have the correct visas. 30 day tourist visas are only good for 3 trips, hence 3 months, but I think you can buy a visa in your country, I don't know.

A good map for Bangkok is Nancy Chandler map, she is a US woman who has lived here for 30 odd years. They also produce one for Chiang Mai, They show all the best shopping areas and what you can buy and where, they also have sub maps of really popular areas such as Banglamphu (Khao San Road etc) Chatuchak market, Sukhumvit Road.

Probably best for you and your friend to stay around Banglamphu area, lots of young tourists there and good bars, places to meet people, go and eat etc. Also it is a good area for sights like the Grand Palace, Golden Mount. And good for catching a ferry downtown to the sky train to get you to the shopping malls.

There's a really good thread in the SEAsia section of this forum detailing how to get to Siem Reap no hassles, I'll post a link in a mo.

Don't worry Americans come to Thailand all the time, male and female, I'm sure you'll be fine. Just, like Richard said, act accordingly.

Thanks

http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5309

Here's the link for the hassle free trip to Cambodia. I've done it and its about as hassle free as you can expect.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Kroo View Post
    Can you stay for 6months?? make sure you have the correct visas. 30 day tourist visas are only good for 3 trips, hence 3 months, but I think you can buy a visa in your country, I don't know.
    A Tourist Visa is for 60 days, the 30 days of which you speak which you can have only 3 in any 6 months is a Visa Excemption, i.e. not a Visa.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thread Information