PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Misunderstanding Thai women - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Misunderstanding Thai women

some thai girls... even use cultures like an excuse to defend themselves... thinking the farangs don't know much... and when they didn't do whatever things right..."thai culture like that, how can you blame me and get angry?!"

goodness...

maybe not all or most but minority i suppose... anybody encounter such scenarios?

Thanks

No wonder a lot of Thai girls have become single or divorced.

Speaking on behalf of girls who think men are the one to make a move, I know it's not right for girls to ask for this and that from guys but it's not that we take all the time. We give too. Or, you just think what you get isn't worth trading for? I'm pretty conservative regarding this issue. If you want us, then treat us nice. We are women. We want you to be strong, protective, possessive, and be able to sacrifice. LOL

Anyway, I know you'd not be a fool to totally give for nothing. Do you want us women to be masculine and don't need your help at all when it comes to the end of month and bills or kids' school? Actually, we can do all that my ourselves. It's just how would we be happy not making our guys feel like a man? My point of view regarding this issue has nothing to do with culture but expectation of gender.

And Paul, lol i do think it's nice for a guy to pay for a woman on their first date, and it's respectful for a woman to offer to pay her half too. lol (duzn't matter if she pays or not)

Anyway, blaming culture instead of each invidual's mistake isn't respectful either. So, we don't do that and we think, gene, lol girls who do what you say are stupid and deserve being dumped or used. lol ...

I know one canadian guy whom got dumped by a Thai girl on his mother's funeral. lol He is like..mm a few Pauls in one male body. LOL
    Don't just love him, but show him

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geNe36 View Post
    some thai girls... even use cultures like an excuse to defend themselves... thinking the farangs don't know much... and when they didn't do whatever things right..."thai culture like that, how can you blame me and get angry?!"

goodness...

maybe not all or most but minority i suppose... anybody encounter such scenarios?
    Thats how farangs might typically view the situation.

While there certainly are confusing cultural questions, you could try and substitute "Thai" with "British" in some threads in this forum. The result is worth an extra thought.

Almost all Thais I met have been quite willing to extend their hand to me when needed and often it comes down to individual choices rather then whats learnt from society,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThuggieDuckie View Post
    Anybody starting considering dating Thai men?

Nope. I prefer women.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThuggieDuckie View Post
    No wonder a lot of Thai girls have become single or divorced.

Speaking on behalf of girls who think men are the one to make a move, I know it's not right for girls to ask...........
    We take all the time. We give too.......
    Or, you just think what you get isn't worth trading for? If you want us, then treat us nice. We are women........
    We want you to be strong, protective,.........LOL

Anyway, I know you'd not be a fool to totally give for nothing. Do you want us women to be masculine............

And Paul, lol i do think it's nice for a guy to pay for a woman on their first date,..........
    1 No wonder many men don't want to marry woman any more.
    2 It is very right for a woman to make the first move, many men are getting fed up with woman not making the move, if some one makes the move it makes you feel good, men still do not get the privileges woman get, now how many men would not love to have a beautiful well mannered woman ask them out on a date and pay for a door to door service. I know most of my male friends would love to be asked out by that type of woman, now stop pretending it's a man's responsibility in a modern world.
    3 Some woman give a lot Yes, but my problem is, they have to start taking before they will give, how about giving with out having to take first.
    4 Men would like to be treated nice as well, It works both ways, I don't consider some one leaching off you on a first date being treated nice.
    5 I'm not here to protect you, I want you to stand on your own 2 feet, to be independent, I'm not the so called "provide" that went out in the days of the cave man.
    6 No I don't want you to have a hairy body, just to meet me equally half way in life.
    7 I think it is nice for a girl to pay on a first date, but since there got such an appalling record of doing so, I expect they pay half.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geNe36 View Post
    goodness...
    Funny. Thats the same excuse I use whenever my girlfriend caught me looking at other girls. "Its my culture to appreciate young sexy women who're not afraid to show! How can you blame me and get angry?!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    1 No wonder many men don't want to marry woman any more.
    2 It is very right for a woman to make the first move, many men are getting fed up with woman not making the move, if some one makes the move it makes you feel good, men still do not get the privileges woman get, now how many men would not love to have a beautiful well mannered woman ask them out on a date and pay for a door to door service. I know most of my male friends would love to be asked out by that type of woman, now stop pretending it's a man's responsibility in a modern world.
    3 Some woman give a lot Yes, but my problem is, they have to start taking before they will give, how about giving with out having to take first.
    4 Men would like to be treated nice as well, It works both ways, I don't consider some one leaching off you on a first date being treated nice.
    5 I'm not here to protect you, I want you to stand on your own 2 feet, to be independent, I'm not the so called "provide" that went out in the days of the cave man.
    6 No I don't want you to have a hairy body, just to meet me equally half way in life.
    7 I think it is nice for a girl to pay on a first date, but since there got such an appalling record of doing so, I expect they pay half.
    What you're saying is, you want a independant, both financially and mantally woman who won't depend on a man. Sound like most women from the 1st World countries. Except that most of these women probably won't go out with man like you in the first place. Sad (for you) but true.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKY View Post
    What you're saying is, you want a independant, both financially and mantally woman who won't depend on a man. Sound like most women from the 1st World countries. Except that most of these women probably won't go out with man like you in the first place. Sad (for you) but true.
    Most will go out with me, because most first world woman want a man that owns his own house and drives an exspensive car, so they don't have to pay out for a mortgage. Only thing I won't marry any of these money hungry leaches from the first world.

Thanks

I think Paul's probably better off with relationships where he pays "professional" women before they leave his room, since he seems to have a problem with women not being men with different genitals.
    Last edited by Spartan; 21-03-08 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks

Buggy, lol what you said is a fact.

-Yes, it's very right for a woman to make the first move but you know what still exists in Thailand--"Bad girls approach guys" belief. Here, we are not talking about right. It's about how two persons can happily and comfortably start a date or a relationship instead of an arguement about equality or right. Now, regarding what your male friends and you want, there are a lot of that type of women who ask guys out and pay for them. Believe me the women don't end up with those guys they ask out and pay for. This world is supposed to be taken real no matter how modern or old it is. There are a lot of pretty girls who swear to themselves wouldn't date any old selfish guy with beer belly but still end up married to them. Why? Because they are brave enough to take the risk after their guts feel the future happiness in living with the guy and ignore the bad.

-We are Thai and we have been taught that even making a call to a guy first is not considered proper.

-How would you say or do to ask a girl out on a date? (If no girl asks you out)"Treat me nice, pay for me, and i'll sleep with you"? In Thailand, you'd barely see a girl asking a guy out on a date. Those who do are usually players. Anyway, we do treat our guys nice no matter where and when. We just cannot get on our knees to ask them to marry us, though. Sorry for that.

- Yeah, we see you are not there to protect any woman You know what, if you were my guy, i'd even run into a fist fight just to protect you.

- I didn't know that before. LOL

- I'd think a guy who makes me pay on the first date isn't a man enough to spend some lil money on me. He would never be serious with me. I'd offer to pay half but still that would be the last date with him. Sorry, that's just my personal view.

By the way, I feel sorry for you, Paul. The Canadian guy i mentioned tried to move on with another Thai. I hope he's been trying, for the sake of his own happiness of being a man.
    Last edited by yeows; 21-03-08 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Inappropriate comment
    Don't just love him, but show him

Thread Information