PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Misunderstanding Thai women - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Misunderstanding Thai women

Yeah, I usually pay for a girl on the first date. But that's because I was taught to pay for someone if I'm the one inviting. That extends to friends and associates as well.

However, it's easy to get annoyed if you casually date a girl, and even on the 4th, 5th, 6th date she's still mooching. Dating doesn't mean free meals and entertainment.

I had an ex-gf like that, never even an offer to pay, so after a couple months of that, I just took her skeezy self to places she belonged in, like McDonalds. She actually did nothing for me at all, never did me a favor, never took care of anything for me, and was mysteriously absent whenever I had a problem. I respect the offer to pay, and usually I don't let the girl pay if she offers on the first date. But sometimes, I do like to let her pay her share once, to test her. If she calls it off with me on that account, well, it says much more about her than about me.
    Last edited by Spartan; 21-03-08 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThuggieDuckie View Post
    - I'd think a guy who makes me pay on the first date isn't a man enough to spend some lil money on me. He would never be serious with me. I'd offer to pay half but still that would be the last date with him. Sorry, that's just my personal view.
    Yes I would still go out with you, but I would not make you pay, but I would expect you to contribute to the cost of the date, that is usually half if you are financially independent as most woman are in the west, but if you were on considerable less income than me and of limited financial means, then I would still expect you to pay what you consider is affordable to your budget, even if I have to subsidize some of your entertainment expenses, but there is one thing for shore, you would not be going out with me for free.
    Being man enough, that's a lot of propaganda, most men who go out on a date and pay, just do it for one thing and we all know what that is, Being serious about a relationship has got nothing to do with paying. I would never become serious with some one who was trying to blackmail me in to paying.
    Now about not going out on a second date if you have to pay your share, well that is called "Blackmail" and only bad girls do that and I'm shore your not that type of girl.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    Most will go out with me, because most first world woman want a man that owns his own house and drives an exspensive car, so they don't have to pay out for a mortgage. Only thing I won't marry any of these money hungry leaches from the first world.
    I know plenty of young women who pay their half on the first date to make the point that their affections can't be bought. If the relationship continues, then they share - sometimes SHE pays or cooks at home, sometimes HE pays or cooks at home. They both recognize that keeping company with one another is the main thing, and that neither should feel a financial strain. These young women I know take pride in being able to take care of themselves financially, while recognizing that the men sometimes want their ego fed. It is not always easy to balance the two.
    And also, yes, these young women have usually been brought up in a traditional home where the man is pampered, and the woman does all the domestic work, even if she has been working all day outside the home.
    The world has been changing for a long time now, and no one can 'have it both ways' - relationship with an old fashioned woman/man while receiving the benefits of a modern woman/man. Like it or not, the key to survival is adaptation.
    On a more personal note - sometimes when you meet the 'right' person you will learn and adapt in ways you never knew possible. The key is to be open to the change and adaptation which is necessary in any relationship. That person may not have even a faint resemblence to the person you have been imagining, but thru her you will grow to be a mature person.
    Lecture over!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cleary View Post
    Sure, i agree that a lot of the time Thai women complete ignore foreign guys values, beliefs, cultural traditions etc.... ie.. a lot of them only ever expect YOU to change your ways and adhere the social norms here etc.....

But, just like i write at the top of the article/blog, i was just 'making a change' and writing on behalf of Thai women for a change. Thailandqa forums aren't too bad but much of the stuff written on other Thailand forums (and abroad) are full of lambasting threads, derogatory comments and complete barstool myths about Thai women it's unbelievable.

Like i say, 'Give Thai women' a break for once and write something positive!
    Thanks Stephen
    I only joined this forum today, because on "another forum" I have been reading and writting on for over a year...a lot of slamming of Thai ladies and culture is going on...I just got sick of it and went looking for a more "positive" forum. Hope i've found it here.
    Why stay in a country if you're not willing to except it's culture and ways?? That's what makes Thailand and my wife so wonderful to me. I don't want to "change"Thailand...I want it to change me!
    Dee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deesurin View Post
    Why stay in a country if you're not willing to except it's culture and ways??

But this thread isnt really about australian culture vs thai culture is it?

More about individual values I think.

Thanks

Well, Paul, lol I'm a bitch or my bf wouldn't tell me to *** (I censored it myself) off at the first place. LOL

Another recent misunderstanding between me (Thai) and my bf (American) was from me giving out an opinion about "Moses' msgs are bs". I was trying to tell him what i thought. lol I told him I could say a few things about bhuddism that i think are bs too. He didn't take it as a discussion but an insult. lol I don't see why he cannot take it like when we talk about bad things in Thai or western girls. Any western guys can clearify that for me?
    Don't just love him, but show him

Thanks

Another recent misunderstanding between me (Thai) and my bf (American) was from me giving out an opinion about "Moses' msgs are bs". I was trying to tell him what i thought. lol I told him I could say a few things about bhuddism that i think are bs too. He didn't take it as a discussion but an insult. lol I don't see why he cannot take it like when we talk about bad things in Thai or western girls. Any western guys can clearify that for me?
    Well as far as I'm concerned, religion is based on superstition and any one who believes in it has either been brainwashed into it from a child or is very deluded.
    I'm afraid religious people are very narrow minded about any thing that opposes there own belief. e.g.Christians will never except the reality, there is no singular God, when the majority of world religions believe in multiple Gods or no God or Gods.

Thanks

I was trying to tell him what i thought. lol I told him I could say a few things about bhuddism that i think are bs too. He didn't take it as a discussion but an insult. lol I don't see why he cannot take it like when we talk about bad things in Thai or western girls. Any western guys can clearify that for me?
    Not so much about culture as the individual.

Like what you say about the Buddhism, some people (and not only thais) would snap if they would hear you while others share your opinion.

Its the same thing, its about peoples tolerance levels.

Generally speaking religion is usually a sensitive topic tho.

Thanks

Thuggie's not telling the whole discussion she and I had about it

First off, I'm no religious fundamentalist, my issue was just with her choice of words.

I was raised to always be respectful when speaking about peoples' beliefs, or lack thereof. For example, Paul is generalizing about as much as one can about religious people, but am I going to call him out on his own narrow-mindedness? No, that's his belief, he's entitled to it. I don't even disrespect the beliefs of Muslims, despite bad blood between us. And I don't follow Sola Scriptura, since I believe the Bible is allegorical, not factual. My problem was just with her using the term "bs".

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

Good point. It's the same with this site. We care about how people express their beliefs, and would discourage disrespectful language.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

Thread Information