PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Misunderstanding Thai women - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Thanks

Re: Misunderstanding Thai women

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    well I got my pet rabbit to keep me company in my old age, I enjoy my own company.
    That one line explains so much.

Thanks

I'm asking cuz it pisses me off to see a good guy getting separated from the real colorful world full of flowers cuz of a sting from a bee.
    Ohhhh, I love this line TD! Hope you don't mind if I steal if for myself!
    "It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little." Sydney Smith

May all beings be happy, may all beings have peace.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    Well my girlfriend is a Japans born doctor working in Australia, I have no intention to marry her as I got my house and she has her apartment, yes she wants to get married to me, but I'm not going to subsidies her income if we got married and got a divorce. We visit each other, that way I can have a break when she gets on my nerves, and about getting old, well I got my pet rabbit to keep me company in my old age, I enjoy my own company.
    Love and life isn't always about getting married. Neither is growing old with a woman you love. Staying at the same place, sharing and saving incomes, and helping each other petting the rabbit don't sound like a good idea?

By the way, am i being nosey? LOL
    Don't just love him, but show him

Thanks

Hey guys, your not in Kansas anymore... any country you go to other than the one you are native to will have very different customs and culture. What is considered proper in your native country may or may not be proper in other countries.. this goes for Thailand as well.. Thai girls cant be expected to live up to your cultural norms, because they are Thai they will have their own cultural norms that you the outsider need to live up to. Respect the culture and customs of Thailand and you will have no problem with the ladies.

Thanks

BlueRobbie, does everyone around here sound so naive?
    - in fact, as far as I see from the stories around here, many Thai women who are out there after farangs' money use this excuse - "this is my culture", when in fact it has nothing to do with Thai culture. many of the discussions around here are about what is indeed Thai culture and what is just a ripoff, or maybe a personal preference.
    enough said.

Thanks

BETTI, I think it depends a lot on what aspects of the culture a person is asking about...for example some of the guys are asking which is proper, for the guy to always be the one to ask a girl out and then always pay for the date or it is acceptable for the girl to ask the guy out and pay for a date sometimes. On the other hand as you have said many thai girls are saying "This is my custom and culture" as an excuse to take advantage of unsespecting farang that dont know any better..... hows that old saying go .... "Buyer Beware" it means take the time to find out all you can about the thing you want before you pay the price for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobbie View Post
    BETTI, I think it depends a lot on what aspects of the culture a person is asking about...for example some of the guys are asking which is proper, for the guy to always be the one to ask a girl out and then always pay for the date or it is acceptable for the girl to ask the guy out and pay for a date sometimes.
    About a guy always paying, that is ridicules, in modern times, since Thai woman gained financial independence from equal opportunities to gain an education, if being exploited like that is a custom, then it is being disrespectful and the other culture has to be put strait. I don't necessarily want to be paid for if some one else asks me out either, because I don't want the feeling of being obligated to that person. You forgot the modern custom, it does not matter who ask who out, but you both just share the costs as a sign of respect for each other.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThuggieDuckie View Post
    Deltigar, the Special seems like a good girl, perhaps one of those girls who mean what they say. Cheers.
    I believe this is true. I know what she is doing right now, and I know she is under much stress. I also know she still smiles at me. Maybe nothing will ever come of it, but I know she is a good woman.

Thread Information