PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
What time to leave the hotel to aiport?
    Thanks

What time to leave the hotel to aiport?

Hi. Leaving in 6 days and will be staying at Samran Place. Will be returning on a Tuesday, and my flight departs at 4.45pm. What time should I leave my hotel, and what time should I check in? Have read out horrid traffic jams and long queues at the airport.

Are there any lockers at the airport that can store my luggage for an hour or so? Also, am wondering whether there is any shopping or things to do, that is located near the new airport? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Re: What time to leave the hotel to aiport?

The time you should check in for your flight is usually written on your flight tickets.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Blog Entries
    Thanks

They say you need to be at the airport two hours before your flight. I did that once and because of the queues in immigration I had to run for the plane. So, two and a half hours to be safe. Another time I had too much spare time.

Yes, there are left luggage lockers at the airport. However, the airport is literally in the middle of no-where. So, there is no such thing as stepping out somewhere for half an hour. But, the nearest shopping mall(s) is about 30 minutes away. Three big ones in fact.

I have never driven to the airport from Bangkok, so not sure how long you would need. Maybe one hour or more? It takes me 30 minutes from my house in rush hour.

We are working on a new website at the moment which will detail day trips from the airport for people who may be in transit for half a day. Once it is ready we will announce on this forum.

Thanks

I have found that a taxi ride from downtown Bangkok to the airport usually takes about 40 minutes so I allow about 1 hour for the journey to be on the safe side.
    ความพยายามอยู่ที่ไหน ความสำเร็จอยู่ที่นั่น

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,854 Posts

One hour from downtown Bangkok to the airport is reasonable. But 2 hours for check-in and all will depend on the volume of departing passengers. I usually allow two and a half hours and just cool my heels there if it happens that I have too much waiting time. I had once missed my flight because of erroneous time calculation and it turned to be a very expensive lesson to learn.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Check-out time of hotels is around mid-day max anyway-might as well go straight to the airport-better to check in, clear customs and get bored waiting than face the expensive possibility of missing your flight. Buy some mags/book in advance at one of the bookshops in Bangkok to keep yourself amused while you wait.

Thread Information