PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Fours first film
    Thanks

Fours first film

Pop star goes to the movies

By Tatat Bunnag, Photos by Varuth Hirunyatheb and courtesy of Avant Film

It’s not uncommon for pop singers to take on acting as a second career in Thai showbiz. It’s a great way for them to increase their popularity, taking them to a wider audience with appearances in music videos, soap operas and movies.

But crossing over from pop music stardom to movie success isn’t as easy as it sounds, even for the biggest stars. Very few singers have become as successful on the big screen as they have in the pop scene.

After gaining huge popularity as a member of pop duo Four-Mod and appearing in the odd TV drama, 21-year-old Sakonrut Woraurai (Four) is ready to make her big-screen debut in the new light-hearted comedy Dream Team, directed by Kittikorn Leawsirikul (Leo).

Four plays an enthusiastic kindergarten teacher who helps to coach an unruly team of 5-year-olds for a tug of war game in the annual sports competition.

Before Dream Team hits theatres on April 3, Four took some time out of her hectic schedule to talk to Student Weekly about her first movie and her upcoming album with Mod.

Student Weekly: What made you decide to take this role?

Four: I’ve always wanted to be an actress, and I’m a fan of Leo’s previous movies. I liked Goal Club a lot, so I didn’t hesitate when I was offered this role.

Student Weekly: Was it hard to concentrate on acting when you had to do scenes with a lot of children?

Four: I was told before the shooting that it would be difficult working with little kids, but it went really well.

I’d never acted in a movie before and neither had the kids, so we were kind of helping each other out during the shooting.

Student Weekly: What made you decide on your new look, with short hair?

Four: It was the director’s idea. My character is supposed to be kind of like a tomboy teacher.

Leo doesn’t want people to just think of Four-Mod when they see me in the film. He said that I wasn’t allowed to be pretty if I wanted to be in the film. [Laughs.]

Student Weekly: What’s the most interesting thing about this movie?

Four: Leo is a director who has a unique vision. The plot seems quite plain and simple, but it contains a lot of details and messages.

It’s about school life, family matters and the generation gap between parents and their children. It’s a really good film for families.

Student Weekly: Do you have plans for more movie roles in the future?

Four: I love doing movies, so hopefully I’ll be doing more. Even though I tried to give 100 percent in my performance, I’m sure that I still made a lot of mistakes. I hope to improve my acting skills in the next film — if my fans give me a chance to have another go.

Student Weekly: We heard that you also have a new album coming out soon. Can you tell us about that?

Four: Yes, the new album is nearly finished. It will come out around May, so I’m really focusing on that. It’ll be called Four-Mod in Wonderland.

The music will be more girly this time — much sweeter than the previous album. Four-Mod fans won’t be disappointed!

Source: Student Weekly

Thanks

Re: Fours first film

Thanks

Re: Fours first film

Also have a look at these Links:

http://www.thaicinema.org/kits116_dreamteam.asp

http://www.thaicinema.org/kits116_dreamteam2.asp

Trailer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIGLTTKMRQU"]YouTube - ดรีมทีม (Dreamteam) (Trailer)[/ame]

Music Video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtSOVv7JNw0"]YouTube - MV เพลง "เชียร์" ประกอบภาพยนตร์ "ดรีมทีม"[/ame]
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thread Information