PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Where to start

Thread: Where to start

Thanks
    Hi! I know this may sound conceited or whatever, but I'm very interested. My mom always makes comments when I'm watching Thai Movies with her based on romanced and they're always a main girl character "nang ek." My mom says that I should be in a Thai movie because I'm way prettier than the main girl character. [I don't really think so, but you know moms these days.] She also said that next time we go to Thailand she's going to take me to some agent and get me discovered. Do you know where I can go? I hear that Auytthaya [don't know if grammar is correct] has a lot of Thai celebrities living over there. Should I go there and find an agent or what?

Thanks

grouchy

Sorry for my bad grammar, but you guys know what I mean.

arsira Guest
    hi anna,
    sorry i don't know how you look but if you belong to look kreung(half blood thai) you tend to stand bigger chances.like nat myria,nicole,peter,etc. maybe you can went stay in bangkok for a while to see any audition for those recording company.the biggest giant record in thailand are grammy and rs.look at your cd the next time mostly they are from these two.another one i like are bakery music which boost artist like joey boy, boyd,mordern dog. they are more to indie stuff.smaller one are more music(loso) i think it sub branch from rs . their suited at busy district of bangkok sukumvit rd.

Thanks
    There's an interesting article on the 'look kreung' celebrities at
    http://www.time.com/time/asia/news/m...106427,00.html

I don't really know anything about the films but for music, Grammy (http://www.grammy.co.th/) are the massive label in Thailand, as well as the artists arsira mentioned they've got Bird Thongchai, Loso, Silly Fools, Kat, Mos, Carabao etc...Get a contract with them and you've got it made RS (http://www.rs.co.th/03/index.php) are smaller I think. You might be able to find information about getting signed on the websites ?

kor hai chok dee na krap...

Thanks

Gor Gai

Thanks for all the help!!!! I'm not really interested in singing because I can't really sing that well but I can hit the high notes somewhat. Anyways thank you and maybe this summer I'll be in Thailand AGAIN.

Joe Guest
    I did read somewhere that foreigners walking up and down Khao San Road are sometimes approached to do modelling work. Maybe you could try your lucky there!

Thanks

Gor Gai

Oh where is that road at? Like what providence? Thank you for that information!!! Did you foreigners do the modeling??

Thanks
    Anna, Khao San Road is the famous backpackers hangout in Bangkok. Everyone there knows it so just say to a taxi driver you want to go to Khao San Road! What Joe says is true as I have heard this story several times. Most packpackers are dirty and badly dressed so if you are a smart looking foreigner you stand a good chance of being spotted. However, I am not saying that there are talent scouts there every day!

Thanks
    Wow really?? Well, everyone in Thailand says I dress tooo nice for just a walk down Pattaya or a night out at some resturaunt. Thanks everyone!!!! Hopefully some agent will approach me for some modeling or acting or even both!!!!

Thread Information