PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
again with the law...
    Thanks

again with the law...

Here's a vague translation that is totally on the wrong course... can someone tell me where I went wrong? (Aside from the fact that I have no idea what a ป.พ.พ. is...)

ในส่วนภาคเอกชน ศาลรัฐธรรมนูญในคดีทั้งสามนี้ได้วินิจฉัยไว้ด้วยว่า ความสำคัญขององค์ประชุมในการทำ หน้าที่ขององค์กรต่างๆ ไม่ได้มีอยู่แต่เฉพาะในองค์กรตาม กฎหมายมหาชนเท่านั้น แม้ในองค์กรภาคเอกชนอย่างเช่นการประชุมของบริษัทตาม ป.พ.พ.ศาลฎีกาก็เคยวินิจฉัยไว้ เป็นบรรทัดฐาน เช่น คำพิพากษาศาลฎีกาที่ 3623/2527 ซึ่งวินิจฉัยในเรื่ององค์ประชุมและมติของที่ประชุมไว ้ว่า การลงมติของที่ประชุมโดยมีสมาชิกมาประชุมไม่ถึงกึ่งห นึ่งของจำนวนสมาชิกทั้งหมด ถือเป็นมติที่ไม่ชอบด้วยกฎหมาย และการประชุมหลังจากที่ผู้ถือหุ้นส่วนหนึ่งได้ออกจาก ที่ประชุมไปแล้ว เป็นกรณีที่ผู้ถือหุ้นเข้าประชุมในขณะลงมติไม่ครบองค ์ประชุมเป็นการประชุมที่ฝ่าฝืนข้อบังคับของบริษัท มติของที่ประชุมใหญ่จึงไม่มีผลตามกฎหมาย

As for the private sector, the constitutional court also decided that in these three cases, the importance of the quorum in the activities of various organizations did not only apply to public companies. Even in private organizations, like in the meetings of companies following the Supreme Court’s PPP?, there have been precedents, such as decision 3623/2527 concerning the quorum and the vote of a meeting, which said that since a vote had been held with less than half of the members present, it was an illegal vote. Also, votes where a portion of the members have already left the meeting will not be considered legal either, since they are contrary to the laws of the corporation.

Thanks

Re: again with the law...

I got this from my dictionary ป.พ.พ. = ประกาศนียบัตรวิชาการพยาบาลและผดุงครรภ์
    It seems to be a certificate in nursing or midwifery. Sorry, but I am unable to help in the translation of the text. It is beyond my meagre knowledge.

Thanks

my guess is ปพพ = ประมวลกฏหมายแพ่งและพาณิชย์

Thanks

That second one sounds about right...
    so that would make it... "those following the civil and commercial legal code" or something?

Thanks

Those darned acronyms!

Thank goodness for flying wombat's help on this one!

So, the writer is considering both public organisations and organisations that come under the Civil and Commercial Code(s), and saying that a quorum is required for either to pass a resolution at a meeting.

Seems to me you were spot on with the overall picture and it will be complete when you add in the info from flying wombat.

tiny points (i know, i always seem to find some)

* i'd try to speak in more general terms about the Court's findings here (eg. 'ruled...that a resolution made with fewer than half of the total number of members present has no legal standing.'

* it seems that most of your translation followed the original quite closely, which i'd say suits this article well. however, in the last sentence (from และการประชุมหลังจากที่ผู้ถือหุ้น...), it got much looser - perhaps because you weren't sure you were on the right track? anyway, i'd encourage you to have another go at the last bit now that you have the overall picture.

all the best.

Thanks

Thanks aanon. I thought I was more off track than I was I guess. But the end bit that you're talking about is where i couldn't really decided which bits formed sentences with which other bits. I didn't know where to cut the sentences, in other words.

Thanks

hey roni,

here's how i see the structure of the last bit.

และการประชุมหลังจากที่ผู้ถือหุ้นส่วนหนึ่งได้ออกจาก ที่ประชุมไปแล้ว
    Also, a meeting held after.....

เป็นกรณีที่ผู้ถือหุ้นเข้าประชุมในขณะลงมติไม่ครบองค ์ประชุม
    is [considered] a case where...

เป็นการประชุมที่ฝ่าฝืนข้อบังคับของบริษัท
    , and contravenes... [end sentence].

มติของที่ประชุมใหญ่จึงไม่มีผลตามกฎหมาย
    A resolution of (such) a ...[end sentence].

it could also be one long sentence, but i think it is more natural to stop and give the last bit as a mini-conclusion in its own sentence.

hope that helps!

all the best.

Thanks

that does help!
    thanks a lot.

Thread Information