PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Waterfalls around Thailand
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mook Guest

question

Can you tell me some attractions on water falls that we can drive from Bangkok and where to stay locally? My family is in Bangkok so we have to start from there. If we have a week to travel to the closest water falls, how can we get there and how should we plan it?
    Also could you recommend water falls in the northern parts of Thailand? Thanks to anyone who like to help me out and jamin this topic- Mook

Thanks

happy

There are quite a few beautiful waterfalls west of Bangkok in the Kanchanburi area. The tourist authority have an officer there and should have leaflets about the different waterfalls.

talking

There are also waterfalls in Khao Yai National Park only 2-3 hours from Bangkok. You can go by bus from Mochit or even train to Pak Chong and then get a songthaew or local taxi. Pak Chong is near to Korat or Nakon Ratchasima. In the North of Thailand there are waterfalls all over the place. One of the biggest in SE Asia is Thi Lor Su - you can drive to Kamphaeng Phet to see ancient ruins and then to Tak, Mae Sot and finally Umphang. the road from M/Sot to Umphang is very mountainous and has many bends, but is beautiful. You will see huge refugee camps where Karen and Karenni people live. The waterfalls are fantastic !!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]There are also waterfalls in Khao Yai National Park only 2-3 hours from Bangkok
    Are the waterfalls in Khao Yai impressive? I had seen waterfalls, the most about 7 storey high. Are these waterfalls even taller? I hope to see higher beautiful waterfalls.
    Live your Life to the Fullest.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...044_104615.gif

Thanks
    Have you seen "The Beach" Wanna ? The waterfall in that, the one he jumps off, is in Khao Yai. Don't jump off it yourself though, as a tourist died a while back doing that

The Doi Inthanon waterfall near Chiang Mai is impressive too if you haven't been there. Erawan near Kanchanaburi is a good day out, but it's more a multi-tiered waterfall than a one big one, you can only ever see a bit at one time. It's well worth going though, and doing the walk to the top and back.

Thanks
    I have been to the two waterfalls in Khao Yai National Park. What I want to highlight is that during dry season (probably May - Jun, cannot really remember), the waterfall is not as grand and spectacular. Nevertheless, it's still a wonderful experience.

I enjoyed watching the natural safari, a route the wild animals (elephants) make their way to the watering holes.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] ]Have you seen "The Beach" Wanna ? The waterfall in that, the one he jumps off, is in Khao Yai. Don't jump off it yourself though, as a tourist died a while back doing that
    I can't remember the waterfall, lol, but i think this weekend there's a screening of that movie on television. I guess i can judge from there. Thanks a million mike!! Not to forget Singa's valuable comments.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

Thanks
    Quote[/b] ]Have you seen "The Beach"
    When I first saw the movie, I was totally infatuated with Leonardo DiCaprio, moreover, the movie was done a short while after the success of Titanic where my infatuation first started. But that was when I was 18. SO over him now....or am I?? LOL

Thanks
    Never seen Leonardo much around nowadays...
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

Thanks
    He just starred in "Catch me if you can" and "Gangs of New York".

Thread Information