PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Girly Berry band too sexy for Anusorn
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

CULTURE MINISTRY CAMPAIGN

ANCHALEE KONGRUT

Girly Berry are known for their revealing stage outfits.
    Wearing skimpy outfits at a Songkran event may lead to the popular girl band Girly Berry being stripped of their role as the respectable young face of the Culture Ministry. Culture Minister Anusorn Wongwan expressed disappointment with the teenage girl band yesterday and threatened to ''blacklist'' them.

The band, known for their revealing stage outfits and audacious dancing, were chosen to front the ministry's campaign for girls to dress modestly during the Songkran festival.

They were paraded in traditional Thai costumes and posed for photographs as the campaign became the talk of the town with mixed reactions.

But on Songkran day they again turned out in revealing tops and hot pants while performing amid the water-splashing chaos on Khao San road.

Mr Anusorn said he had instructed ministry officials to find out why the entertainers chose such inappropriate outfits.

The ministry would have to be more cautious with its choices next year, he added.

Mr Anusorn said the band's agent, RS Promotion, had initially contacted the ministry, suggesting the girls be presenters for the cover-up-for-Songkran campaign.

The ministry considers tank tops and miniskirts too sexually arousing when soaked in water.

RS Promotion appeared unfazed by the minister's huffiness yesterday.

''The campaign had its time [only during the Songkran festival],'' said spokeswoman Nusra Kongsujarit. The band had offered their services free to the ministry and the girls had to ''live a normal life''.

An official said the ministry normally set a ''high standard'' in choosing its cultural ambassadors.

''In the past, we have turned down many, many companies that offered sponsorships just because they are producers of liquor or other questionable products. Cultural campaigns need consistency and presenters who lead by example. Without both elements, it is better to do nothing,'' said the official, who asked not to be named

Bangkok Post

Thanks

Re: Girly Berry band too sexy for Anusorn

i guess that's reasonable.
    if the ministry is promoting something other than short short skirts,
    then i guess it makes sense.

thanks.
    If You Can't Say "I'LL DIE IF I DON'T DO IT" Then You Shouldn't Do It.....

THAI ENTERTAINMENT REVIEW.

Thanks

While they are at it, perhaps the Ministry could send the members of Girly Berry to have some singing lessons.... ; )

Thanks

i think so girly berry alway wear sexy cloth

they dance very sexy sometimes i can't stan them

Thread Information