PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Houses in Isaan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Houses in Isaan

Thanks

Houses in Isaan

How much does it cost to build a house in Isaan, supposed if i want to build a very big one.

I only know in Bangkok, a condominium would cost about 3 million baht. Am i wrong?

A Thai friend of mine told me he wanted to repair his big house back in Isaan and it would cost him about 230,000 baht!!!

I told him he must be joking, it is countryside/rural area, how can the repair fees be so expensive? (i don't know what he is repairing)

Is my friend joking/boasting or is it real?
    I just cannot believe repairing a house in the countryside would be that expensive.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Re: Houses in Isaan

The price has already gone up 10,000 baht since you previously posted this question only three days ago!!!

But in answer to your question, my brother-in-law built a big house from new last year costing slightly less than that figure.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

this looks like a useful book for anyone wanting to build or renovate a house in Thailand:
    How to Buy Land and Build a House in Thailand
    http://www.buythaibooks.com/customer...91&cat=0&page=

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is very difficult putting a price on a house and even renovations. I bought a townhouse which typically comes as an empty shell with no rooms. The house was cheap enough for me to buy for cash. But renovations to Westernize it was almost as much as the house. This included stripping out the Thai squat toilets and changing all the doors and windows. The latter was essential because I wanted air-conditioning and the wooden frames were crap. It also helped with soundproofing as I could no longer hear the traffic on Sukhumwit Road so well afterwards. There was a lot of other stuff I did with a fitted kitchen, adding rooms, lowering the ceilings, shelter for the roof to keep the bedroom on the top floor cool etc.

So, to answer your question, renovations can easily cost a lot more than you would think. Sometimes cheaper to start from scratch. But, anything imported or anything not used much by Thai people will cost you more. Depends a lot on what you want.

Thanks

I just payed for a major renovation on our house outside of Surin. This included a new shop built of block and ceramic tiled, half of the inside of the house raised,cement slab and ceramic tiled, a kitchen built,a new bath built and tiled, a new electrical service ( breakers) and a major roof repair.
    Labor and material it came to just over 124,000bt
    Now it should be said my wife "knows" everyone and she get's right into the bartter, she's so cute when she's saving me money
    With everything going UP I think even now it would cost me more,to do the same,same.
    I have several farang friends in my area who have built new,one built a very comfortable home for 775,000bt.
    Deesurin

Thanks

I hope this is not an off topic question, but does anyone of you who has a house in Isaan use the "shower" system instead of the "scoop water from big stone pot" ? I realise the old "bathing tub/stone pot" boosts a the breeding factor of mosquitoes, cos the water is stagnant???

Is it possible to make a "shower" system ? I would like to know!

Any comments on this? Will be appreciated ! =D

จุดแรกคือการพบ จุดจบคือการจาก..
    มีรักต้องพราก มีจากต้องมีเจอ..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Yes, last year we built a new 'hong naam' in the garden with farang style toilet (but without flush) and a shower.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

Oh, so it's possible! Good! Cos I was thinking if everyone in the neighbourhood has this "shower" system, less mosquitoes will breed.

จุดแรกคือการพบ จุดจบคือการจาก..
    มีรักต้องพราก มีจากต้องมีเจอ..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jas_dekdee View Post
    Oh, so it's possible! Good! Cos I was thinking if everyone in the neighbourhood has this "shower" system, less mosquitoes will breed.
    Yeah, it's possible. We had a shower fitted in Nakhorn Ratchasima last year (tho the family has 2 bathrooms and they still use the scoop-style bathroom except in February). And still no flush toilet.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Thanks

I'm currently building a house in Pak Khat, Nong Khai province, the estimated cost is approximately 300 000 baht, but that does not include all of the interior fittings. But I guess Isaan is no different than anywhere else............You get what you pay for!

Thread Information