PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
British Jazz / Soul Singer Wants Gigs
    Thanks

talking British Jazz / Soul Singer Wants Gigs

Hi Everyone,
    I am a British Jazz / Soul
    Professional Vocalist. I Have a
    temendous amount of experience
    and a vey impressive C.V. I have performed
    all over the world, on British National T.V.
    Radio and top cruise liners.

I have arrived in Bangkok & am seeking good friends,
    contacts & venues

Look forward to getting some replies.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: British Jazz / Soul Singer Wants Gigs

There's a little bar (possibly called Blues Bar) on Samsaen road, right across the little bridge near soi 2. You can walk there very quickly from Khao San road, or take a 40baht tuk tuk (just tell the driver "samsaen soi 2" and get off right after the bridge). This bar has a good little blues band that plays there most nights, and it's made up of both Thai and Expat musicians. I'm guessing that these people would be a good bet for finding out what the music scene is like in BKK.
    Otherwise, I've seen jazz and blues musicians at the nicer hotels in the sukhumvit and silom areas. Very lounge-y though...

Thanks

oh, there's also a great little Jazz bar near Wireless road (on soi srasin) called Brown Sugar.

check out this link:
    http://www.bangkok.com/jazz-cool-&-l...sic/index.html

The place I was talking about on Samsaen is one of the first in the "Other Areas" section, called "Ad here the 13th." The band is good. and friendly.

Thanks

Yup Adhere the 13th is a cracking little venue,small but very friendly. Georgia the singer is unlike any Thai singer I've seen before, and Pong the guitarist has one of the sweetest touches on guitar, he just sits there and plays an old beat up Telecaster. Also you might try to getin touch with a guy called Todd Lavelle, he is an American who organises festivals and gigs around Thailand, one of which is called the Rhythm of the Earth, and its a world music and BBQ festival under the Rama VIII bridge

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Kroo View Post
    Yup Adhere the 13th is a cracking little venue,small but very friendly. Georgia the singer is unlike any Thai singer I've seen before, and Pong the guitarist has one of the sweetest touches on guitar, he just sits there and plays an old beat up Telecaster. Also you might try to getin touch with a guy called Todd Lavelle, he is an American who organises festivals and gigs around Thailand, one of which is called the Rhythm of the Earth, and its a world music and BBQ festival under the Rama VIII bridge

Thanks

Thanks very much. I went to Adhere the 13th last night & got up to sing. Great place, nice people.
    I have been asked by a good hotel what my monthly fee would be. I don't know what the going rates are in Bangkok. Any idea ?

cheers

Thanks

does an yone know what the standard rate is for a vocalist in most of the hotels in bangkok please ?

Thanks

Wow!! I wish I were there for rescue you.

Thanks

For the rate, i think ya gotta ask them each hotel. Barely seen male vocalist, though. Don't think they pay a lot for one. Big big hotels might. lol
    Don't just love him, but show him

Thread Information