PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
How big do the spiders get in Issan/Thailand
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

How big do the spiders get in Issan/Thailand

Hello all,

I was curious as to how big the spiders get around those parts. I am very interested in Issan, and have this idea that one day that is the place I would like to live. However I have this one horrible phobia, and that is fear of spiders. Even the small house spiders or daddy long legs gets me a feeling of panic and my heart races like crazy. I've seen a few videos on the internet and they look pretty big. What's the biggest spider you have seen, and how often do you see these things.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Re: How big do the spiders get in Issan/Thailand

Some pictures of Thai spiders can be see at http://www.thaibugs.com/spiders1.htm the portrait of the one that lives behind the fridge looks pretty big...

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

those thin ones with 5 centimetre legs are not as scary as the ones that are smaller overall but have a relatively large black body, black hairy legs...

Thanks

I have not seen the big, fat ones so far. That would scare the kwan out of me.

Those with long, thin legs are quite common I think. I have seen those wandering around the forest.

Thanks

I didn't see any in the pics like the big ones we get in our house here, not as much as before I put screen on the vent louvers in the lower shower/toilet.
    They are heavy long leg spiders as big as tarantulas but not as hairy and with a leg spread of a good 4 inches, but when you hit them with a broom they kinda come apart, so not very tough at all. 555

If you don't like bugs, do not move to Thailand.

Thanks

I've ever seen one in my boyfriend's room, got freaked out, I'm not a spidey-lover, ironically I'm not that afraid of scorpions, probably cos spiders are hairy... LOL its creepy. But second to spiders, I'd pick the next bug to be the "gud gee" as what my boyfriend's father told me, it's huge in Isaan I dunno why, probably cos they're "nourished". I hate the sound of it tapping the walls in the midst of flying, and it loves being stuck in people's hair.

I hate that! >.< and my boyfriend did not kill it when I ask him to, he said something about karma, that if I kill this bug in this lifetime, my next lifetime, I'd be a "gud gee".

Hell not, I won't want to.

จุดแรกคือการพบ จุดจบคือการจาก..
    มีรักต้องพราก มีจากต้องมีเจอ..

Thanks

Spiders are a good thing..with all the "other" bugs running around Isaan,spiders do their part at keeping them down.
    The bug that "got me" where the red ants They got into my clothes and if you've never slipped on a clean pair of underpants,only to find red ants in them...you've not lived or how about putting on your headphones to watch a movie on your computer one night,only to find a nest of red ants in the left ear pad...
    I never had a "phobia" about bugs until I went to Isaan.
    Hey when in Rome...eat the suckers
    Deesurin

Thanks

oh those red ants. invaded my laptop again yesterday. no, not the unwashed dishes or the bread on the fridge. and I am on the 4th floor in Chiang Mai. will never get rid of them.

Thanks

well the red ones, if you are talking of the ones I know, they are the ones some raise and sell or enjoy the eggs/larva, I spray where ever I see then with my trusty garden sprayer loaded with shelldrite or chaindrite, that gets rid of em and they stay gone.

Thanks

they are not the big red ones that make nests out of leaves, but tiny red ones. yes sprays work but I would rather not spray in my one and only room if I can avoid it. I rarely resort to that.

thanks

Thread Information