PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Working in Thailand?
    Thanks

Working in Thailand?

anyone know anything about job opportunities for non-Thai citizens in Thailand? I am actually planning to find a job in Thailand next year after I graduate. I guess nobody will wanna hire a fresh grad who still can't speak Thai fluently and cannot read Thai at all. I've heard tht getting a job as a English teacher at one of those private language school shouldn't be hard. Well, my aim is to get a job in Thailand not as a long term career but rather to make some pocket $ while I attempt to learn and perfect the language before decidnig on some long term business plan there. Any advice anybody?

Thanks
    any advice anyone?

Thanks
    check out this one
    www.ajarn.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bamboo Grove @ Aug. 21 2003,13:25)]check out this one
    www.ajarn.com
    Hey thanks, the website's really awesome. Exactly what I've been looking for. Hope it'll still be around come this time next year.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jdepp @ Aug. 19 2003,17:39)]I guess nobody will wanna hire a fresh grad who still can't speak Thai fluently and cannot read Thai at all.
    Actually, at our school, we prefer to hire fresh, ethusiastic teachers just off the boat. Once they start to learn Thai they are no longer of any use to us. We prefer that they use English all of the time in the classroom. If the students know that their teacher only speaks Thai then they have no choice but to use that language to communicate with them.

Thanks
    hi Sawatdee,
    from what I see from the job advertisements, I realised almost all language school will prefer to hire native english speakers. I'm from Singapore and not a westerner. But we still speak English as our 1st language here in Singapore. Not too sure if they'll hire me.

Thanks
    Yes' I was considering teaching some english, when I went to Thailand for a few weeks, just for the exsperiance. I looked at the pay rates at the AUA Language Centre, and I discovered the Pay was so low that if I did this Job, it would just be for a life style choice, not for the Money

Thanks
    ive seen teaching jobs in Thailand ranging from 20,000 bhat a month !
    then again with a bachelors degree with TEFL / CELTA or equivilant you can earn 50-70,000 a month

Ive looked into this as im also intrested in teaching in Thailand..it seems a long way away though

Thanks
    yup..my purpose of looking for a teaching job is not for the $. anyway what kind of good $ can one get teaching there. Its more abt getting to stay in Thailand for an extended period while I learn the language, culture and look out for potential business opportunities, while earning some $ for daily expenses. Seems that the main problem is that I'm an Asian english speaker. hence may not be too marketable there in Thailand. Arghh...another 10mths before I get my bachelors. Can't wait for that day...

Thanks
    Sawatdee,

Any idea how much would a fresh IT graduate from Australia (bachelor in IT) be earning one month in Thailand - just teaching??
    How about IT professional? I've been in IT network / system and customer service for 3 years.

Thread Information