PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Wild Thai stories
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Wild Thai stories

For fun,some wild and crazy things you have done in Thailand,that you would never had done in your "home" country
    For me:
    My Momma Mae is 82 and works everyday to make baht. She often goes to the lotus bogs the run along the roads here and picks lotus buds to fold and sell for the Temple.
    In order to get the buds,she wades out ,chest deep, in this murky water and picks.
    Well wanting to be a good son in law,I offered to help and soon found myself the one in the bog picking and throwing the flowers to Mae on shore. In the course of several days of doing this,several women riding along the road,stopped to yell at me "Get out Farang!" (at least that what I think they where yelling) because in several days of doing the bog,I devloped a rash on "everything" below water line, not counting the leches
    Now my advise to you is...stay out of the bogs you farangs...Mae still goes in...one tough Thai lady
    So what have you gotten yourselves into ??
    Deesurin

Thanks

Re: Wild Thai stories

For fun,some wild and crazy things you have done in Thailand,that you would never had done in your "home" country
    Great thread topic! Just for clarification...are you looking for just Isaan related stories?

Thanks

Deesurin's experience reminded me of an experience I had in the padi field. Several years ago, I visited some friends in Udon Thani. One of them has some padi fields which they were preparing to sow rice. A couple of hired hands would pull out the weeds in knee-deep water and another would use a mechanised tractor to prepare the land.

I was feeling very excited when I saw everyone working and I jumped in to lend a hand. Gosh! Those weeds are a real killer! It was very difficult to pull out those hardy weeds. After wrestling with them for 15 minutes, I gave up and ran off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeows View Post
    Deesurin's experience reminded me of an experience I had in the padi field. Several years ago, I visited some friends in Udon Thani. One of them has some padi fields which they were preparing to sow rice. A couple of hired hands would pull out the weeds in knee-deep water and another would use a mechanised tractor to prepare the land.

I was feeling very excited when I saw everyone working and I jumped in to lend a hand. Gosh! Those weeds are a real killer! It was very difficult to pull out those hardy weeds. After wrestling with them for 15 minutes, I gave up and ran off.

Quite similar to my experience at Phon Phisai, but mine's more like wrestling with the sticky mud I was picking "hoy-sherry" ( wonder if you've heard of those ), struggling to pull my legs off the sticky mud! HAHAHA! in the end, only the boots are left stuck, I got carried off by my bf, lol, really embarrassing! But at least I've tried!

จุดแรกคือการพบ จุดจบคือการจาก..
    มีรักต้องพราก มีจากต้องมีเจอ..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pailin View Post
    Great thread topic! Just for clarification...are you looking for just Isaan related stories?
    Hi Pailin
    Not just Isaan,just "feel at home" on this thread. Any "adventure" uncommon to life outside Thailand.
    Another Mae story:
    I never drove a motorcy before coming to Surin,was afraid of the darn things from "bad rides" with "friends"...but learned to drive..or walk.
    My daily chore was to go to the Surin market to buy food for the day. Momma Mae was often in the market place selling her wares.On this day she wanted a ride home. Big basket of "stuff' and Mae ( side saddle) and off we go,with me praying I don't dump Mae and me,and if I do ..I'd better die,not her. A very slow drive home,with Mae waving to her friends all the way. We made it,and now I can handle four on the bike but that first drive with Mae was a nerve racker
    Deesurin

Thanks

I, too, was very fearful of motorcycles. I was a passanger on one for the first time in Thailand and held on for dear life. ...but as time passed, my comfort grew and I would go across the province side saddle with 2-3 pieces of luggage and not think a thing over it. Side saddle is actually quite comfortable, especially when wearing a sarong.

I think one of my biggest adventures in Thailand was when a farang friend and I were down at the beach in our village. A total stranger came up to us and said he'd like to 'show us around' on his motorcycle. We were completely bored and so we said sure. We both got on and he sped away. We went past my house in the village and Khun Mae was sitting out front...saw us, looked confused and started waving for us to stop. The guy kept going. He took us to 3-4 different waterfalls around the province. At one point the rain started pouring, so he stopped at a lone house in the forest and we all popped in there and they fed us and we all had a lovely time. It was night when this stranger dropped me off back at home. We were worried what this joy ride might have cost us, but the man said he didn't want any money and he just wanted to show us around. My Khun Mae was none to thrilled.

Thanks

What does an American sing while driving a motorcycle in Thailand?

Keep left, stay left, keep left, stay left....WATER BUFFALO!!!
    The Heart determines what is Possible by the Mind

Thanks

This guy is down to earth person I never heard Farang wants to help Mae, showing his love by jumping in to the murky water and full of leaches, not me and I am Thai.

Thanks

One day as I was riding my motorcycle near my home I saw a monk walking down the road ahead of me. Knowing there was a temple nearby I thought the monk had walked a long ways and would appreciate a ride. He hopped on and rode side saddle facing the opposite way the temple was on. As we neared the temple I pointed towards it and asked him if this was where he wanted to go. He shook his head no without even looking over. I figured perhaps he was going to somebodys house. At a T intersection he had me stop. There were some people outside their house on the corner and he went up and talked to them. I patiently waited. I didn't understand the full conversation but, when he turned around and grinned sheepishly I knew that he had asked for directions to the temple and he realized that when I had pointed and asked him if this was the place he had made a mistake by not looking. We both had a good laugh. I turned around and dropped him off at the temple and spent a little time chatting with him and another monk. I normally do not pick up hitch hikers but, like I said before, this monk had probably already walked a long way and it was hot out.
    " The present is an outcome of the past which will have bearings on the future."
    Bhuddhadasa Bhikku 1906-1993

Thanks

What a neat story. I envy the ability of men to be so close to monks like that.

Thread Information