PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Ko Tao

Thread: Ko Tao

talking Ko Tao

HI!
    Thank you for reading this email. We are flying to Thailand next April for 3 weeks and we would like to stay for a week in Ko Tao. We have heard it is a very nice island with very little tourists (and lots od snorklers!). We have found no information about the island in your web page. Where can we find some more: how to get there, where to live, facts about it...
    And we also would like to buy some thai pans and plates or so to cook thai food. It is not very easy to find them in Europe and Panya is looking forward to cooking his favourite meals properly. Maybe you can give us some information about a thai market (not for tourists) in Bangkok where we can purchase them.
    It would be very nice if could answer me.
    Please continue doing souch a good work!! We are learnig a lot from Thailnd with these pages.

Thanks
    I haven't been to Koh Tao yet. Maybe this summer holidays. I hear it is very beautiful. This is the place where they have the annual full moon parties which are very popular so I don't think it is a place "with very little tourists".

There are quite a few web sites on the internet:

http://www.kohtao.com/

"Imagine a small tropical island with incredible snorkeling and scuba diving a rich jungle in the centre and surrounded by remarkably quiet, palm tree laced beaches."

Also try a search at
    google.com for many more web sites.

I hope you enjoy youself in Thailand.
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 638 Posts
    Hi Laura & Panya

Koh Tao can be reached by ferry from either Koh Samui, Koh Pangan, or Chumphon.

Gor ..... I think that the full moon parties are held on Koh Pangan and not Koh Tao?

As for market to buy cookware etc..... try a day at Chatuchat weekend market, easiest way to get there is by skytrain to Mo Chit station (aproximately 15 mins from downtown bangkok). Amazing place and full of bargains but be prepared to bargain hard We buy lots of cookware and crockery there (no wonder I pay fortunes in excess baggage )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I think that the full moon parties are held on Koh Pangan and not Koh Tao?
    Yes, you are right! I did say I haven't been there yet!
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

talking

Thank you very vera much for your answers. They are very useful.
    Well, about Koh Tao. I have tried on the google web and most of pages about the island are about the snorkling school there and not abot the island itsself. But i'll get a try with www.kohtao.com
    And again Thank you very much.

Laura

We have been to Koh Toa last summer and it is very nice. Although there are quite a lot of tourist, it is far less touristic than Koh Samui. The extra diffulty to get there (no airport), makes a selection in the tourist that go there. Especially on the west coast they are building quit a few bungalowparks, so it will get more touristic rappidly.

Andrew

jing Guest

happy

Hi, I went to Ko Tao last year. It is very much a diving island and quiet developed in parts. There is a lot of competition between different diving companies and they offer rooms at a reduced rate if you are diving.

However, if like me you don't want to dive and just want to go somewhere quiet. I suggest you head out of the village. If your willing to travel a bit further from the port you can easily find somewhere more secluded.

Hope this is of some help.

Thread Information