Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

so happy! Where to buy the BEST QUALITY replica watches (in Patong)

Hi,

I will be travelling to Thailand Patong for 10 days. I would like if anyone could please help me where i could find the BEST QUALITY replica watches in Patong? A very wide range of different designer brands which you can not possible tell from the genuine, right down to the very fine detail and weight.

I have seen some really shocking fakes and do not want to waste my time and money with these sorts.

I have read and have known people who has bought replica watches and paid around $150 and have it fallen apart on them in a few months time.

I am prepared to spend around $300-$350 for a good decent watch and hopefully it can last me a good few years.
    I have been doing my homework to try and notice the difference in markings and quality build.

I only want to buy a few for me and some friends, so if theres anyone out there who knows a reputable replica watch seller in Patong and can give me some advice what to look for, please let me know asap, as i will be flying in very soon.

Cheers

Thanks

Re: Where to buy the BEST QUALITY replica watches (in Patong)

Do you mean patpong?
    If so, the fakes are usually all from the same source and quality varies enormously - luck of the draw mate!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 866 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Do you mean patpong?
    If so, the fakes are usually all from the same source and quality varies enormously - luck of the draw mate!
    I would guess if he says Patong then he means Patong Beach on Phuket?

David

Thanks

Sorry but why do you want to buy something that's a fake???

Thanks
    Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,533 Posts

And why do you want to risk being busted by Customs and heavily fined or worse? Its clamp-down time on counterfeit stuff by authorities all over the world .

Thanks

Keep your money in your pocket

Thanks

hi Guys,
    thanks for the honest replies. Yes customs, but to breech any custom laws, i believe that you have to have a certain amount of the same item? which would mean that you will be trying to sell counterfeit products on the black market. pls correct me if i am wrong.

I currently own a fake watch which my friend bought for me and very happy of it. It hasnt broken down on me yet and its been over a year now.

So when im over in Thailand, i only want to purchase atleast 2 or three the most.
    So would that mean that if customs finds the two or three watches and are in different styles, can they still fine me or other?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,533 Posts

You just need one of the item-it will be confiscated at best.

A little story about a fake Rolex watch at British customs-the owner was given the option, having insisted the item was genuine, of paying a huge amount of Duty and other taxes on it, or being given an official warning for importing counterfeit goods-which meant he went on the system and was a subject to search every time he came in the country!

The Americans are getting tough on counterfeit goods-and are insisting the rest of the world does too. Thailand is on the black list.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 866 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by murdaya69 View Post
    thanks for the honest replies. Yes customs, but to breech any custom laws, i believe that you have to have a certain amount of the same item?
    You are absolutely correct that you have to have a certain amount of the same same item to breech any custom laws - that certain amount just happens to be "one".

David

Thanks

Hello.
    I just went to Bangkok about a month ago and purchased a copy of a Breitling for about $70 US dollars. I knew it was fake but it acutally keeps correct time and looks very good for a copy but only 2 out of the 3 accessory dials works. Do not, I repeat ,do not, expect all the dials to work if any. The only thing you should expect it to do is for the main dial face to work. I actually purchased mine from the vendors in Chiang Mai. If you are refering to the Patpong area in Bangkok there is no difference. The name of the game is negotiate, negotiate, negotiate. If you want it then bargain for it. They know it's a fake and so do you. You are the customer and all you have to do is walk away and go to another table. They are all the same, all of them. As far as customs goes I wore it on my arm and Nobody looked twice at my watch and I am an American. So if you buy one don't sweat it unless you are going back to an airport that is an absolute stickler on this sort of thing. Nobody looked at or asked about my watch. Now having multiples is another story. If you want one bargain for about 1500-2000 baht. I hope this helps you.

Thread Information