PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
King Naresuan Movie Studio in Kanchanaburi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

King Naresuan Movie Studio in Kanchanaburi

King Naresuan Movie Studio(Prommitr Film Studio)

King Naresuan Movie Studio,the studio within over four years of construction on the 700 acres of wild land, based upon the meticulous research for the great film shooting of "The Legend of King Naresuan." Located at Surasi Military Camp, Tambon Latya, Ampheo Mueang Kanchanaburi.

This trilogy movie reflects the relationship between Ayutthaya and Hongsawadee Kingdoms before the independent declaration of Ayutthaya by King Nareasuan the Great in 1584. At current the visitors can enjoy many places of interest and activities within the site such as Yodia Village, Pra Mahatein's Residence, Armed Weapon Storage, Pra Mahatien Temple, Hongsawadee Wall, Lion Throne, Dungeon, Thai Traditional Massage, Protuguese Gun Fire Shooting, Sanphet Prasat Palace, Elephant, Horse and Cart Riding, Ayutthaya Wall, and Props Storage Room.

Besides entertainment and unforgettable experiences we can get after visiting this studio, we could expect the upcoming attractions as their developing projects which will be finished in 2008 as following

- Four World Class Studios
    -Training Centers for All Kinds of Seminars, Camping for Boy/Girl Scouts with Adventurous Activities
    - Thai Traditional Home Stay
    - Wax Museum of National Film Artists

More information :
    Admision fee : 100 Baht for Thai adults , 50 Bath for Thai children , 200 baht for foreigners
    Activities : Tour the studio by elephant and horse riding( 2 persons) 300
    baht
    Tour the studio by cart riding( 5-6 persons) 300 baht

E-mail : kusolsong@hotmail.com
    Map (in Thai) : http://www.prommitrfilmstudio.com/map.jpg

(I highly recommended to folllowing the below couple links to viewing anymore photos which was taken from King Naresuan Movie Studio)

http://boonna.multiply.com/photos/al...n_Movie_Studio
    http://boonna.multiply.com/photos/al...tudio_.._again
    Last edited by Anatta; 02-06-08 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Revised incorrect English
    " Every morning dedicate positive things, and during the whole day make a wish that we will always be of benefits to sentient beings. We will be helpful to any being in different ways."

Thanks

Re: King Naresuan Movie Studio in Kanchanaburi

This looks amazing

Thanks

Next week I will travel to Thailand; if I have time I will surely visit the Studio.

Thanks for pointing it out Anatta.
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks
    Youre welcome kha djaidee (( Welcome to Thailand kha)). Hopefully that you'll enjoy with all of your travelling trips in Thailand.

It would be my pleasure if my research information for my own-traveling trip could be useful for somebody here.

Here is Kanchanaburi one day tour program by one travel agency company

7.30 Phra Pathom Chedi , Nakhon Pathom
    10.00 King Naresuan Movie Studio
    12.00 Lunch break
    13.00 Start to go to Bo Phloi
    16.00 Samchok a hundred year market , Suphanburi
    18.00 Back to Bangkok

.................................................. .................

And the following is my rough trip planning ( hehe but Im still not sure could it be possible ? )

6.00 Phra Pathom Chedi
    8.30 Kanchanaburi Safari Park
    (Admission fee: 120 baht for adults and 60 baht for children.)
    10.30 King Naresuan Movie Studio
    12.30 Lunch break at Suen Ang Pad Thai Boran
    14.00 The Nine-Army Battle Historical Park In Kanchanaburi
    16.30 Samchok a hundred year market, Suphanburi
    18.30 Back to Bongkok

PS.

-For some who not interested to visit Samchok market , you can go to visit Erawan waterfall where is not so far from King Naresuan Movie Studio instead

-More info of " The Nine-Army Battle Historical Park " In Kanchanaburi

The Nine-Army Battle Historical Park Established by the Royal Thai Army, the park is located at tambon Chong Sadao, approximately 40 kilometers from town on Highway No. 3199. It was built to commemorate the great battle under the command of King Rama I to defend the kingdom against the invasion by King Bodawpaya of Burma in 1795. Thais know this event under the name of the Nine-Army Battle. The park is a center for historical research and conservative tourism that also provides information on the great battle. A sand table displaying battlefields and diagrams depicting the battle strategy are on display.

Open: Daily 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
    Call 0 3458 9233-5 ext. 1122 for more information.

- More info about Samchuk market in Thai http://www.samchuk.in.th/index.php?o...tpage&Itemid=1

- About the recommendation for delicious Thai food taste restaurant on Latya road, according from this link (in Thai), they recommended as the following ;

1. Suen Ang Pad Thai Boran ( ͧ Ѵҳ ), located before the crossroad to Latya
    2. Ran Prik Gang ( ҹԡᡧ), located in the vicinity of Wat Latya
    Last edited by Anatta; 02-06-08 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Adding informatiom

Thanks

I was lucky enough to make this trip last May. They were filming while we were there. Very interesting , and a very good trip . Would recommend to anyone. We coupled it with Hellfire pass .

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Suriyothai View Post
    I was lucky enough to make this trip last May. They were filming while we were there. Very interesting , and a very good trip . Would recommend to anyone. We coupled it with Hellfire pass .
    Welcome to the forum. I am afraid we will have to ask you to change your username. Unless of course you are a member of the Royal Thai Family. In Thailand, lese majeste is a serious offence. If any member of the forum criticized you or we decided to ban you, then we could all go to prison for 15 years. I would prefer not to. Please send me a PM of the new name you would like and I will change it for you.

Thanks

It can be a bit tricky to find but it's on the left hand side coming from the main road from Erawan waterfall and if you pass the army camp you gone to far

This is a good visit but most staff doesn't speak English and the written English on signs isn't the best so you will probably enjoy it most if you either seen the movie or know the language.

Speaking of which... the DVDs of the movie they sell in the gift shop don't have english subtitles. It says on the back they have it but they don't at least not the ones i bought

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

Here's a shot I took:

Thanks

Too bad you couldn't enter the gate :(

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,175 Posts

We simply walk around the wall!

It's an interesting wander, but having hung around sets in the States, it wasn't extremely impressive for me. Also, having been a while since any shoots, the place is becoming a bit rundown.

Thread Information