Thanks

Nursery furniture

Where's a good place to buy reasonable priced children's furniture, ie cot or cot bed in Bangkok? Had a look at Mothercare Thailand and nearly dropped at the prices 10,900B for a cot bed -- that's twice the Sterling price in the UK. Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Michael

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Nursery furniture

It is always the same when you want to buy anything that is not popular in Thailand or is imported. If the Thais don't use it then it will be expensive for sure. I was looking for some baby seats for the car the other month and they are all so expensive. They always seem to import top of the line brands rather than anything economical.

As to your request, have you tried the department stores like Central? Maybe some furniture shops. For example, on the 5th floor of MBK most shops are furniture. If you go to hypermarkets like Big C, Tesco Lotus and Carrefour you will probably just find the Thai version - a mattress for the floor with a mosquito net protection.

Thanks

Re: Nursery furniture

Thanks Richard,
    We're moving over in August and are just trying to have as much sorted before we get there. I'll keep my eye on the mums and dads exchange sites to see if there's any available second-hand.
    BTW, these sites are invaluable for those of us making the move to Thailand. Much kudos.

Thread Information