PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
AThai Internet price war?
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

AThai Internet price war?

An Internet price war?
    By Sirivish Toomgum
    The Nation

TT&T Subscriber Services has launched a new broadband-Internet package, offering a minimum speed of 2 megabits per second for Bt590 a month.

The company also plans to double its subscriber numbers to more than 600,000 this year.

President Prachuab Tantinon yesterday said the package was expected to help boost company revenue from Bt2 billion last year to Bt3 billion this year.

Earlier, its customers paid the same monthly fee of Bt590 but received a speed of only 1mps.

The new package covers all provinces and some areas of Bangkok. TT&T Subscriber is a subsidiary of TT&T, which operates fixed-line telephone services upcountry but not in Bangkok.

True is the country's largest broadband-Internet provider, with more than 600,000 subscribers. Last month, it launched a new broadband-Internet package, featuring a speed of 2mps for Bt890 a month. Subscribers to the package are also entitled to connect to the Internet wirelessly free of charge in areas covered by True's wireless-Internet network.

TT&T Subscriber will spend Bt50 million to market its new package.

Separately, Prachuab said he hoped the National Telecom-munications Commission (NTC) would soon grant licences to operate WiMax technology for offering wireless broadband-Internet connection services.

The NTC is expected to grant the licences this year.

Thanks

Re: AThai Internet price war?

sounds real good, and they have done it too, when they first started and you bought into it they came out and set you up and you could download 100KB/sec for a period of a week and then it was cut back to almost nothing and you could not even connect to the WWW for hours at a time because of they oversold the service to 4 times the number of subscribers it would handle.
    So they did double the service and it did work for awhile until they had managed to oversell that service also.
    No matter what they tell you, you will never get what they say or that you pay for and there is no consumer protection service here in Thailand that will make any business do as they say and give value for Baht as is done in other places.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FaranginPhetch View Post
    No matter what they tell you, you will never get what they say or that you pay for and there is no consumer protection service here in Thailand that will make any business do as they say and give value for Baht as is done in other places.
    Its the same outside Thailand as well.
    I am supposed to get 2 meg, being very near a telephone exchange, despite having my modem swapped for an ADSL router, which I was promised by my ISP would solve my problem, I am still getting 1/2 meg tops -that is when the router is working! My ISP has done a "Mai pen Rai" on this problem now.
    I would move, but from reports other ISP's are no better. The only alternative is cable-with TV and phone as compulsory-I do not like the thought of relying on one supplier for all of these-price hikes, tech probs etc leave one very vulnerable.
    Consumer protection here makes a lot of noise-but in reality has very little effect.

Thanks

I have been running TOT 1.5 Meg and just had it upped to 2 for damn near twice the price and it is still under 900 kbps, and spends about half time offline.
    Now is 1000 baht a month.

Thread Information