PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Boycott Tiger Temple, Kanchanaburi - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Boycott Tiger Temple, Kanchanaburi

Quote Originally Posted by Roamin View Post
    Having heard of the tiger temple, I suggested going there to my thai girlfriend. Her reply was, "No good there, they don't look after tiger properly, me no go, make me sad."

She is a fully qualified vet and after doing a search and reading the reports, I can understand why she said that.
    Your girlfriend has put it perfectly, from what I understand of the place.

My prayer for the people at the Tiger Temple is that they can find their good hearts and resolve to look after the tigers properly. Then we can go there and be happy.
    You can read blogs about Thailand at - www.Thai-Blogs.com

Thanks

I visited the Tiger Temple a year and a half ago during my first trip to Thailand. It was part of a tour I took to see the bridge over the river Kwai. While the Tiger Temple was not my focus, reading the literature there made me think that the monastery was doing a good thing for animals who had been abandoned or injured. After reading the many posts on this issue I feel taken advantage of by supporting a scam where animals are used for entertainment to make money. Thank you all for the information.

Thanks

The building work is still incomplete after 10 years of promises.

The breeding program is actually DETRIMENTAL to Tiger conservation

THe stories about farangs running the place are inaccurate - there are often volunteers - many of whom leave disillusioned with the place.

THe tigers are fed - by the monks own admission - an inappropriate diet for big cats.

There is absolutely no prove that the plavce ever sheltered vistims of poachers or orphaned animals. There is a lot to suggest that tigers are imnported and exported - some tigers have "gone" and a new tiger replaced them with the same name!!!!

Thanks

BTW - before you say anything about the temple PLEASE READ THese sites......

Even the locals are against this place!

kanchanaburi-info.com/en/saiyok.html#tiger

Read the Careforthewild report - careforthewild.com/default_detail.asp?detail=true&I_ID=590&section=Home - it is endorsed by over 30 Wildlife Agencies.

ethicaltraveler.

Tiger Temple UK site.....

tigertemple.co

Thanks

Last year I made my first visit to the tiger temple and the initial impression was ok, there were animals (not tigers but deer and buffalo) roaming around the place and I thought cool. Then I saw the tigers and thought this is crap, those magnificent animals had obviously been doped up so that the tourists can have their picture taken with them. I usually don't support boycotts because there are normally two sides to a story and we usually only get one side BUT in this instance I am 100% behind a boycott of the tiger temple and would love to see the government do something about it to help the tigers.

Thread Information