PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Questions about Thailand
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Questions about Thailand

Hi everyone, whoever reads this:

I'm planning on trip to Thailand, hopefully next summer. I was born in Thailand, but didn't get to know the Thai laws and regulations. Can someone tell me its regulations, about going out at night? Is there any curfews? How old do you have to be to being able to drink? Is there any laws preventing minors from drinking? I know this sounds stupid, but help!

Thanks
    Dear layla,
    You can probably obtain the information that you need from the Thai Embassy where you live. They already have brochures printed up that cover the basic information. If you need additional information I am sure that they can provide that to you also.
    Have a safe trip.

Thanks
    Hi Layla,

Here are some article I had found for your queries;

Public Health Minister, Ms. Sudarat Keyuraphan , commented that even though Thailand has already had legislation prohibiting shops and pubs from selling alcohol to youths under the age of 18 , but there has not yet been any law directly imposing ban on minors from drinking. Consequently, the government is now preparing for a new legislation prohibiting such youths from drinking alcohol. Furthermore, Ministry of Public Health is also planing to propose Buddhist Lent Day to be National No Drinking Day

Online game fans have been upset by new government measure in implementing curfew for online gaming. The curfew has begun on 15th July 2003 by shutting down all online game servers in attempt to prevent students from being obsessed.

I don't think there is any curfew on going out at night. But I think the law enforces all drinking venues to be closed by 2a.m.

I hope, I made your life easier. Tried finding an informative site on thai laws on Google. Tough luck for me.

Do read up more, I'm definately sure it will be an enjoyable trip!
    Live your Life to the Fullest.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...044_104615.gif

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Layla_ @ Aug. 01 2003,02:11)]Can someone tell me its regulations, about going out at night? Is there any curfews? How old do you have to be to being able to drink? Is there any laws preventing minors from drinking?
    It would be helpful if you can tell us what your age is. Also, will you be going out with people over 18? There is a clampdown to stop young people going out late at night. However, some areas are more strict than others. If you have releations here they should be able to tell you more for the area you will be visiting.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] (Wanna @ Aug. 01 2003,12:06)]Hi Layla,

Here are some article I had found for your queries;

Public Health Minister, Ms. Sudarat Keyuraphan , commented that even though Thailand has already had legislation prohibiting shops and pubs from selling alcohol to youths under the age of 18 , but there has not yet been any law directly imposing ban on minors from drinking. Consequently, the government is now preparing for a new legislation prohibiting such youths from drinking alcohol. Furthermore, Ministry of Public Health is also planing to propose Buddhist Lent Day to be National No Drinking Day

Online game fans have been upset by new government measure in implementing curfew for online gaming. The curfew has begun on 15th July 2003 by shutting down all online game servers in attempt to prevent students from being obsessed.

I don't think there is any curfew on going out at night. But I think the law enforces all drinking venues to be closed by 2a.m.

I hope, I made your life easier. Tried finding an informative site on thai laws on Google. Tough luck for me.

Do read up more, I'm definately sure it will be an enjoyable trip!
    Thanks for much for your help. *^_^* I'll try to search around to see if I will find anything more before my trip. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] (sawatdee @ Aug. 01 2003,21:15)]
    Quote[/b] (Layla_ @ Aug. 01 2003,02:11)]Can someone tell me its regulations, about going out at night? Is there any curfews? How old do you have to be to being able to drink? Is there any laws preventing minors from drinking?
    It would be helpful if you can tell us what your age is. Also, will you be going out with people over 18? There is a clampdown to stop young people going out late at night. However, some areas are more strict than others. If you have releations here they should be able to tell you more for the area you will be visiting.
    *hehehe* I'm 23 ;p~ I know I'm old enough, but I'm just wondering. Plus, I think it's good to find out after all, Thailand is a crazy place at night.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] ]Thailand is a crazy place at night
    I second that! It's real crazy fun!

Thanks
    Layla,

Apart from checking out the regulations and attractions, be sure to check up on the culture, 'do and don't' and streetwise tips (like taking a taxi..).

From my experience, with the hard work and research of my good friend, my last trip compared to the previous trip was a big different. Spent less time wondering around and paying extra...

Good luck and enjoy researching!!
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

Thanks
    I know I think it will be hard 'cause none of my friends and I know anyone over there who can help us around. It's like, you're on your own now!!! Creepy, huh? It sounds crazy, it definately crazy, but since we all were born in Thailand and know a little bit about the culture, the language I hope we can survive. Got my fingers crossed!!

Thanks
    Now, now...you can uncross your finger for now. Besides, next summer is like pretty far away.. . Land of smiles isn't that much scary at all .

I always enjoy trips with a tint of impromptu with friends. (I only go on planned holidays with my family....trust me.. it can be real boring at times.)
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

Thread Information