PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Drug bust in paradise
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Drug bust in paradise

Drug bust in paradise

BangkokPost.com, with agency reports

Police have broken up a multi-million-baht drug peddling ring supplying high-priced imported drugs to tourists on Koh Samui, and arrested 30 people in the sweep, an anti-drug officer said on Saturday.

Pol Col Ithipol Kitsuwansay said the ring was supplying cocaine and Ecstasy to night-clubbers on Samui.

Thai anti-drug officers and US agents of the Drug Enforcement Administration worked together to make the arrests on Friday night, said Pol Col Ithipol.

The suspected ring leader, an Iranian, was among those detained. Police identified him as Shahriar Zarghamzade, 38, alias Ramin Ahmani. He was believed to have settled in Thailand in 1979 after fleeing the Shiite revolution.

Police also seized about 100 million baht in assets owned by the Iranian. They included a yacht, several gift shops and a pub on the island, he said.

Also arrested were several Africans, two Turks and a British citizen.

Pol Col Ithipol told reporters that the right brought up to 10 kilogrammes of cocaine with a street value of 35 million baht from Latin America each month, shipping it through Bangkok to Samui.

It was then sold at parties frequented by tourists, he said.

Thanks

Re: Drug bust in paradise

Can't say that I noticed any drug problems when I was in Samui, it was much more rife in Chiang Rai but that was just in my experience.

Thread Information