Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Marrying a thai woman?

    Hi all, am currently in love with a thai women and am considering proposing to her. It seems funny as we have not known each other for a long time.
    Got to know her in a pub where she works as a "dancer". What should i be weary of before taking the leap? i know i definately should consider if she feels the same way for me or if she is just after my money or a better life. yet she appears to be rather conservative and do not seem like that kind of gal.
    Please advise...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Marrying a thai woman?

    Well I'm not sure if you want to hear this but I wouldn't rush in to anything.

    Without knowing much details of what went on between you two, it's going to be very difficult to find out if she feels the same for you.

  3. #3
    Deknoi Guest

    Re: Marrying a thai woman?

    Why not give us a few more details about your relationship - how long you've known her, how much you've seen of her, whether she has any children etc.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,464
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Marrying a thai woman?

    Go for it Dude, No matter what she does for a living, that is just that, a way to make a living, but when True Love comes knocking they will revert and make you a perfect wife.
    Just be sure if you have to go back home and leave them here waiting for visa or what ever, always be sure that they have the money to be able to live a good life without returning to their former endeavor.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    434
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Marrying a thai woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by FaranginPhetch View Post
    Go for it Dude, No matter what she does for a living, that is just that, a way to make a living, but when True Love comes knocking they will revert and make you a perfect wife.
    Just be sure if you have to go back home and leave them here waiting for visa or what ever, always be sure that they have the money to be able to live a good life without returning to their former endeavor.
    I agree, you got to take risks in life no matter what the odds sometimes. Maybe it's better to have done something than wonder if you missed out. But I would look into a pre-nup if you are going to bring her into your home country, if they even allow pre nups.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    6,289
    Thanks
    2,318
    Thanked 1,705 Times in 958 Posts

    Re: Marrying a thai woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by InterestedGuy08 View Post
    I agree, you got to take risks in life no matter what the odds sometimes. Maybe it's better to have done something than wonder if you missed out. But I would look into a pre-nup if you are going to bring her into your home country, if they even allow pre nups.
    Just broaching the pre-nup idea to her might already produce some clues on how she really feels about you.

    But I'd endeavor to get to know her better.
    I value informed opinion, not opinion that stems from nothing but attitude. The latter is the depth of ignorance.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,006
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: Marrying a thai woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Just broaching the pre-nup idea to her might already produce some clues on how she really feels about you.

    But I'd endeavor to get to know her better.
    I advice all my friends to always make their partner sign a pre-nup, however

    I always advice all my friends to never sign a pre-nup if their partner asks them


    yes it's true

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    6,619
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 277 Times in 222 Posts

    Re: Marrying a thai woman?

    I think you would be better off just enjoying her company, while looking for some one who's background you can really be proud of.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,006
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: Marrying a thai woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    while looking for some one who's background you can really be proud of.
    IMO, You can take the man out from the bar but not the bar out from the man

  10. #10
    Deknoi Guest

    Re: Marrying a thai woman?

    You should probably be sure that she loves you before you ask her to marry you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •