Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Marrying a thai woman?

Hi all, am currently in love with a thai women and am considering proposing to her. It seems funny as we have not known each other for a long time.
    Got to know her in a pub where she works as a "dancer". What should i be weary of before taking the leap? i know i definately should consider if she feels the same way for me or if she is just after my money or a better life. yet she appears to be rather conservative and do not seem like that kind of gal.
    Please advise...

Thanks

Re: Marrying a thai woman?

Well I'm not sure if you want to hear this but I wouldn't rush in to anything.

Without knowing much details of what went on between you two, it's going to be very difficult to find out if she feels the same for you.

Deknoi Guest

Why not give us a few more details about your relationship - how long you've known her, how much you've seen of her, whether she has any children etc.

Thanks

Go for it Dude, No matter what she does for a living, that is just that, a way to make a living, but when True Love comes knocking they will revert and make you a perfect wife.
    Just be sure if you have to go back home and leave them here waiting for visa or what ever, always be sure that they have the money to be able to live a good life without returning to their former endeavor.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FaranginPhetch View Post
    Go for it Dude, No matter what she does for a living, that is just that, a way to make a living, but when True Love comes knocking they will revert and make you a perfect wife.
    Just be sure if you have to go back home and leave them here waiting for visa or what ever, always be sure that they have the money to be able to live a good life without returning to their former endeavor.
    I agree, you got to take risks in life no matter what the odds sometimes. Maybe it's better to have done something than wonder if you missed out. But I would look into a pre-nup if you are going to bring her into your home country, if they even allow pre nups.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,705 Times in 958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InterestedGuy08 View Post
    I agree, you got to take risks in life no matter what the odds sometimes. Maybe it's better to have done something than wonder if you missed out. But I would look into a pre-nup if you are going to bring her into your home country, if they even allow pre nups.
    Just broaching the pre-nup idea to her might already produce some clues on how she really feels about you.

But I'd endeavor to get to know her better.
    I value informed opinion, not opinion that stems from nothing but attitude. The latter is the depth of ignorance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Just broaching the pre-nup idea to her might already produce some clues on how she really feels about you.

But I'd endeavor to get to know her better.
    I advice all my friends to always make their partner sign a pre-nup, however

I always advice all my friends to never sign a pre-nup if their partner asks them

yes it's true

Thanks

I think you would be better off just enjoying her company, while looking for some one who's background you can really be proud of.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul_au View Post
    while looking for some one who's background you can really be proud of.
    IMO, You can take the man out from the bar but not the bar out from the man

Deknoi Guest

You should probably be sure that she loves you before you ask her to marry you.

Thread Information