PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Former PM Samak confirms he has cancer
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Former PM Samak confirms he has cancer

Ex-PM Samak has liver cancer
    By The Nation

Ex-prime minister Samak Sundaravej said he has received medical treatment and operation for liver cancer and will be discharged from hospital next week.

Rumour has been spread for weeks that Samak was admitted to Bumrungrat Hospital for liver cancer shortly after he was disqualified for the premiership by Constitution Court for violating the constitution.

Samak talked to Krissana Chairat, a newscaster of Nation Channel recently from his bed in the hospital for the first since he was admitted.

Krissana said he initially planned just to sign well-wishing book and left. But he was allowed to visit the former prime minister who just woke up.

Krissana quoted Samak as saying that his condition was not serious as speculated.

"I have at cancer at transverse fissure of liver as the rumours said. I have stomach pain from time to time and doctors could not find out why. After I was out of the premiership, I have thorough examination and found the cancer," Samak said.

So he was admitted to the hospital on October 2 and had an operation by using x-ray. "The operation went well and now I have physical therapy everyday. My doctors said I can be discharged from the hospital on October 25.

"I want to go home. It is very boring to be in hospital. I asked doctors everyday to allow me to go home. But the doctors wanted me to stay at the hospital for observation," he said.

Samak said he followed up what has happened everyday by listening to radio. He still complained that his disqualification was not fair.
    Last edited by Khun Don; 18-10-08 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Updated story.

Thread Information