PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
altogether confusing
    Thanks

altogether confusing

แสดง ว่ารัฐธรรมนูญก็ยังคงอยู่ ปัญหาก็คือ พระบาทสมเด็จพระเจ้าอยู่หัวจะทรงทำอะไรได้มากไปกว่าท ี่รัฐธรรมนูญบัญญัติไว้ หรือ หากคำแนะนำที่พระราชทานไม่ขัดต่อรัฐธรรมนูญ จะทำให้ทุกฝ่ายยอมรับได้ก็ต้องโฆษณาว่า เป็นคำแนะนำพระราชทาน จะดีต่อระบอบประชาธิปไตยอันมีพระมหากษัตริย์ทรงเป็นป ระมุขหรือ หากผู้เข้าเฝ้าฯนำเอาพระราชวินิจฉัยที่พระราชทานเป็น การภายในมาแสดงต่อ สาธารณะ

This means that the constitution would still stand, and would the king be able to suggest anything over and above what is allowed by the constitution? If he made a suggestion that was constitutional, then all the sides that accepted it would have to publicly state that they accept the constitutional monarchy if they brought the king's suggestion to the public.

What a mess. can someone help?

and since we've moved my post to this section, I'll take advantage of the fact to ask another question:

เช่น การพระราชทานคำเตือนเรื่องเศรษฐกิจพอเพียง แม้ผู้ที่ไม่เห็นด้วยกับพระบรมราโชวาทเรื่องนี้ ก็ไม่น่าปฏิเสธว่าเป็นหนึ่งในการถ่วงดุลความโน้มเอีย งของชนชั้นนำทาง เศรษฐกิจไทย ที่อ้างปรัชญาเศรษฐกิจเสรีนิยมใหม่ (อันไม่มีลักษณะปรัชญาแต่อย่างใด) เพื่อเอาเปรียบสังคมและเอาเปรียบผู้อ่อนแอ

"for example, the king's speech about creating a sufficiency economy: Even those who disagree with it cannot deny that it is an idea gaining strength amongst economic leaders, who believe in the philosophy of neoliberal economics (which is deviod of any philosophy) in order to take advantage of the weak"

I must be missing something here too. I find this writer's style so confusing!
    Last edited by roni; 24-10-08 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks

Re: altogether confusing

See? This is why I try not to post in this forum... no one looks at the posts here. Well, they look at the more fun posts like the picture stories and the political cartoons... but us occasional posters get ignored!

Anyway, as is often the case, I have figured out the problems I had with the above passages. It often just takes a few read-overs before you unlock the puzzle! If anyone would like me to post the conclusions I reached, just let me know.

Thanks

I look at your posts here! I just can't help yet... sorry!

Thanks

The majority of us are below your level, Roni. I wish I could help too but it is beyond my ability. :(

Thanks

Oh I wasn't serious guys! I know my posts verge on the obscure sometimes... it was more of a joke about how the posts were moved.
    I'm glad you guys read them though. The problems I had with the above passages were mostly to do with the phrasing, which I found confusing, but I think what they say are:

แสดง ว่ารัฐธรรมนูญก็ยังคงอยู่ ปัญหาก็คือ พระบาทสมเด็จพระเจ้าอยู่หัวจะทรงทำอะไรได้มากไปกว่าท ี่รัฐธรรมนูญบัญญัติไว้ หรือ หากคำแนะนำที่พระราชทานไม่ขัดต่อรัฐธรรมนูญ จะทำให้ทุกฝ่ายยอมรับได้ก็ต้องโฆษณาว่า เป็นคำแนะนำพระราชทาน จะดีต่อระบอบประชาธิปไตยอันมีพระมหากษัตริย์ทรงเป็นป ระมุขหรือ หากผู้เข้าเฝ้าฯนำเอาพระราชวินิจฉัยที่พระราชทานเป็น การภายในมาแสดงต่อ สาธารณะ

This means that the constitution would still stand, and would the king be able to suggest anything over and above what is allowed by the constitution? If he made a suggestion that was constitutional, then all the sides that accepted it would have to publicly announce that it was a suggestion from the king. Would it really be good for our system of democracy, which has the king as its head, if those who requested the audience with the king came out an offered his suggestion to the public?

The next part goes on to say that it might be a problem because the king could be held responsible for the consequences of his suggestion, etc...

เช่น การพระราชทานคำเตือนเรื่องเศรษฐกิจพอเพียง แม้ผู้ที่ไม่เห็นด้วยกับพระบรมราโชวาทเรื่องนี้ ก็ไม่น่าปฏิเสธว่าเป็นหนึ่งในการถ่วงดุลความโน้มเอีย งของชนชั้นนำทาง เศรษฐกิจไทย ที่อ้างปรัชญาเศรษฐกิจเสรีนิยมใหม่ (อันไม่มีลักษณะปรัชญาแต่อย่างใด) เพื่อเอาเปรียบสังคมและเอาเปรียบผู้อ่อนแอ

"for example, the king's suggestion (really more like announcement) about creating a sufficiency economy: Even those who disagree with it cannot deny that it is helping to counterbalance the ideas popular amongst most economic leaders, who claim a philosophy of neoliberal economics (which is deviod of any philosophy) in order to take advantage of the weak"

Thanks

Your translation is right, but we don't see the whole context, it seems we miss some points that the writer tries to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by roni View Post
    I guess there is no space before หรือ - แสดงว่ารัฐธรรมนูญก็ยังคงอยู่ ปัญหาก็คือ พระบาทสมเด็จพระเจ้าอยู่หัวจะทรงทำอะไรได้มากไปกว่าท ี่รัฐธรรมนูญบัญญัติไว้หรือ - otherwise it is affimative sentence.

My version:
    To signify the constitution is still standing, but the problem is ‘Does the King have the power to do other things more than those stated in the constitution?’ If the King’s suggestion is not against the constitution, in order to convince all parties to accept it, it must be advertised as ‘the royal suggestion’. Is it good for the democracy with the King as head of the state if those who have the audience with the King reveal the private judgment of the King to public?

Quote Originally Posted by roni View Post
    For example, the King’s advice of the sufficiency economy, those who disagree with this royal advice should not deny that it is one thing to counterbalance the leaders in Thai economy that tend to claim the philosophy of neoliberalism (which there is no nature of philosophy at all) in order to take advantage of society and weakling.

Thanks

thanks Mel! I definitely missed a few things in there.

Thread Information