PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
PAD calls on Army to deploy soldiers to protect protesters
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

The People's Alliance for Democracy Friday called on the Army deploy military police to protect its PAD supporters from attacks by its opponents.

Chamlong Srimuang, a PAD co-leader, said the PAD only wants three or four military police to be deployed at each road checkpoint of the PAD to help keep security for the demonstrators.

He said the PAD was willing to pay for the special allowance of the soldiers and take care of their food.

"But if the Army does not help us, it'll be fine. We'll be able to take care of ourselves," Chamlong said.

The Nation

Thanks

Re: PAD calls on Army to deploy soldiers to protect protesters

Khun Don,

Have not the PAd dismantled the the Saphan Makawan protest site? Did they take it down and return? BKK Post claimed early last week that PAD had cleared the way for the Royal Funeral.

Jess

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

I believe they did clear the Makawan bridge site, but I do not think they have returned-could be wrong, But I would have thought as their PR people were saying they were clearing it for the Royal Funeral, they would be unlikely to return until after such has taken place-particularly as there was a full rehearsal today (Sunday) attended by the Crown Prince and Princess Sirindhorn-re-occupation now may be seen as an insult against the monarchy.

Thanks

It appears as though the PAD have dismantled but not dispersed.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/topstorie....php?id=131581

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/pictures/AAL102.htm

As I wish to stay well clear of parapolice, I am interested in an official(?) delineation of the 'Protest Zone' borders patrolled/controlled by PAD guards.

Any suggestions?

Jess

Thread Information