PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
They push into the corner : ex-PM Thaksin
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Convicted ex-Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra whose entry visa to England was revoked last week will from now on fight back against his political enemies because they pushed him into the corner.

Thaksin told Reuters news agency that he in Beijing, China and is leaving Beijing for an undisclosed location.

He said he will fight back against his political enemies who pushed him into the corner.

This is the first time he talked to the media after England cancelled his visa and his wife's.

"I will keep traveling. I'm leaving Beijing at the moment," Thaksin told Reuters by telephone from the Chinese capital.

He refused to say where he was going next but denied the destination was Manila, as rumored.

"I dropped the asylum bid because I don't think it is necessary. I don't like the term asylum. I want freedom because I am a champion of democracy. I don't like anything that restricts freedom," Thaksin said.

Thaksin who is convicted and sentenced to two years in jail for abusing of power and his wife for tax evasion.

Thaksin told Reuters, "I will phone in and talk to the people who love and have faith in me. I will make a longer speech and start naming names because they have pushed me into a corner," he said.

Earlier this month, Thaksin called into a rally in Bangkok and urged his supporters to bring him home, a move that angered his opponents.

The Nation

Thanks

Re: They push into the corner : ex-PM Thaksin

But is he still flying in his personal Boeing 737.

Thanks

Thaksin is his own worst enemy. He brought all this on himself yet he keeps
    blaming others for his prediciment.
    Sooner or later he will tire of running. He should go back to Thailand on his own and take his lumps. The sooner he does this, the better for the country.

One thing I don't understand is, if the coup leaders were so sure Thaksin was so corrupt that they had to take over the country to save it, Why didn't they produce the proof needed to bring him to justice back then ?
    If they had, none of this would be happeng now.
    " The present is an outcome of the past which will have bearings on the future."
    Bhuddhadasa Bhikku 1906-1993

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mangomike View Post
    One thing I don't understand is, if the coup leaders were so sure Thaksin was so corrupt that they had to take over the country to save it, Why didn't they produce the proof needed to bring him to justice back then ?
    If they had, none of this would be happeng now.
    Possibly because they thought it would lead to much the the same situation we have now with PAD-but with Thaksin's supporters and bigger civil disturbances? Anyway he was out of the country but with no convictions, so little chance of getting him back.
    Trials etc take such a long time to arrange and in Thaksin's case everything would have to be checked and rechecked to make sure that there could be no international criticism as to Justice. Thats the only reasons I can think of.

Thread Information