PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
It's cold up north
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

It's cold up north

Mercury on top of Doi Inthanon drops to 6 degree

Chiang Mai - The mercury on top of Doi Inthanon Mountain dropped to 6 Celsius degree Monday morning, a provincial official said.

Prachon Pratsakul, Chiang Mai's chief officer for civil disaster and mitigation, said the lowest temperature on the tourist destination mountain top was 6 degree while the lowest temperature on the low land in the province was 11 degree Monday morning.

He said poor people in Chiang Mai's 24 districts still needed 227,672 blankets and 60,236 jackets.

The Nation

Thanks

Re: It's cold up north

In some countries, those temperatures would seem quite warm, I remember reading an article about the Tasmanian Aboriginal 200 years ago, they lived life naked, they lived in temperatures much lower than that and still did not resort to wearing clothes. It seems some people are tough and some are wimps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khun Don View Post
    Mercury on top of Doi Inthanon drops to 6 degree

Chiang Mai - The mercury on top of Doi Inthanon Mountain dropped to 6 Celsius degree Monday morning, a provincial official said.

Prachon Pratsakul, Chiang Mai's chief officer for civil disaster and mitigation, said the lowest temperature on the tourist destination mountain top was 6 degree while the lowest temperature on the low land in the province was 11 degree Monday morning.

He said poor people in Chiang Mai's 24 districts still needed 227,672 blankets and 60,236 jackets.

The Nation
    The Bangkok samnakngaan khet (district offices )will soon be organising their annual blanket and warm clothing drives again .

Impressively accurate figures quoted above

Blog Entries
    Thanks

In the Bangkok area, our temperature dropped to a chilly 26 Celsius - though a maximum of about 31 Celsius. I guess that means winter is around the corner. Some students have already started coming to school in pullovers and jackets. Looks like we are in for a harsh winter.

Thanks

I'm a wimp - it was 16 degrees in the morning, I am sick, and still completely frozen. the kids are all sick, coughing, sneezing, snotty. it always takes a few weeks until everyone adjusts, and then it is a very nice season actually. the coldest I've had in my 3 years here was 8 degrees, and it went on for a while (every morning). that is a bit too cold if you have no heating or insulation.

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks

And all those Thais that are able planning their two or three nights camping on the mountains!
    Just for a touch of frost.
    In the days of the Raj the British created the hill stations for a short change of climate, supposedly to thicken the blood.
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

I have just arrived in Chiang Mai for the Loy Kratong festival.I was surprised at just how cold it was!It is the coldest i have known it here, (at night time).Daytime was very hot though.

Thanks

Yes but has there ever been a case of it snowing on any of the higher mountains.

Thanks

no.

Thanks

I'm so jealous! i wish the temp would drop to 15 degrees for at least a month in Bangkok every year just so we can go for a brisk walk now and then. Although it did seem nice and cool today (26 degrees you say, Richard?) I saw on the news earlier that Thailand is in for a cold spell in the next week or so.

Thread Information