PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Two Backpackers sentenced to death in Thailand
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Two Backpackers sentenced to death in Thailand

Two Israelis sentenced to death in Thailand for drug dealing
    Nov 25, 2008 13:58
    By JPOST.COM STAFF

A Thai court sentenced two Israel citizens who were convicted of drug dealing to death on Tuesday, Israel Radio reported.

Alon Mahluf, 37, and Vladimir Agronik, 34, were arrested one year ago in a drug bust on Bangkok's Kao San road, a destination popular with Israeli tourists with 23,000 ecstasy pills which Thai police says were destined for Italy and the US.

The Foreign Ministry said that it was aware of the developments and was in touch with the men's families.

Representatives of the pair said that they would appeal the sentence.

Thanks

Re: Two Backpackers sentenced to death in Thailand

If they carry out that sentence then they will surely deal no more drugs will they. 555

Thanks

Re: Two Backpackers sentenced to death in Thailand

I thought the death penalty was in effect only for smuggling, i.e. being caught on a border checkpoint. well well.
    I remember when I travelled to Indonesia. they have warning signs everywhere with DEATH PENALTY written in red clock capitals: at passport control as you arrive, on the arrival cards, on the airplane. it made me scared even though I have never ever tried or touched any drug in my life. Thailand has the same laws but fewer signs, but I would guess everyone knows just the same. why run the risk? go to Amsterdam if this is what you are into. I'll never understand.

Thread Information