PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Please P.A.D. tell me .. what will happen to me without tourism?
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 638 Posts

question Please P.A.D. tell me .. what will happen to me without tourism?

"So please tell me what will happen to me when the tourists no longer come? "

Young girl of Paduang Karen hill tribe or "long necks" ( дͧ § ѹ ) Mae Hong Sorn Province, Northern Thailand

Sondhi Limthongkul, No-1 leader of People's Alliance for Democracy, told protesters not to believe that the People's Alliance for Democracy would give in and negotiate with police to move protesters out of the Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Mueang Airport .

"PAD leaders will never negotiate with police,"; Sondhi told the crowd at the government House.

"So please tell me what will happen to me when the tourists no longer come?"

It is looking like my trip will be cancelled unless something drastic changes this week. As some of you know, I have personal reasons why this trip was VERY important to me. If, as I fear, I cannot make this trip it will be a very, very long time before I will ever feel able to again call Thailand my true home. I feel so sad ........ not angry, just sad :(

Thanks

Re: Please P.A.D. tell me .. what will happen to me without tourism?

PAD maybe so cruel but i understand what they are trying to say/do.. But for me, once you are "ON TOP", it is so difficult to go down just because they want you to go elsewhere or kick you out especially the government officials.. can't blame them because people put where they are now..
    Like you, i am also sad because i don't know if i'm going to cancel my trip to Thailand this December.. Its my first time to go in there to see my fiancee and to see how beautiful is Thailand.. I am so upset..
    I hope before my vacation comes all things are clear and settled..
    'hope so...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Just posted a story concerning Bank of Thailand's estimation of the damage to tourism caused by PAD. It's not good.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Guava-hope you can make it as planned, but if not, as you are probably already aware, there are some alternative ways of getting there.

"Illegitimi non carborundum" !

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks

With you all the way on the sentiment Guava, I too had been hoping to return 'home' soon, but, now, who knows?
    Seems to me everyone is so full of their own rhetoric they are not listening to anyone else.
    Or is it that they cannot hear above their own clatter?

Maybe when all is said and done someone will look at the devastation and wonder where their children's' futures went.
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thread Information