PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
PAD to end ALL Demonstrations - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: PAD to end ALL Demonstrations

Quote Originally Posted by pichai View Post
    Wanger,
    Nothing is needed at the moment, except asking where you are staying in Bangkok (your present location) so that we will visit and present you a special token for your special compliments.
    Salutations, Khun Pichai.

120/22 Wireless Road, Bangkok. I\'ve been working here at the US Embassy for the last ten years. PM me with your name and personal info and I\'ll be more than happy to arrange the clearance for you.
    Last edited by Wanger; 06-12-08 at 05:16 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pailin View Post

I mean, really, there\'s anger...and then there is ridiculousness. So weak must wanger\'s love of Thailand have been that these days, weeks, months, have ruined it all.
    To be more precise, it would be the ten years of living here and having to put up on a daily basis with the scams, lying to save face, cheating, rudeness, irresponsibility when driving, having to listen to \"FARANG\" everywhere I go, etc. What happened last week was just the nail in the coffin. How do you think people are going to feel when you hold them for eight days against their will, preventing them from returning home for the holidays, especially when it\'s not even their fight????

Truth be, the majority of my Thai colleagues here in Bangkok are actually embarrassed and ashamed of what took place last week. Many have voiced their disappointment.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 638 Posts

Oiiiiiiii I have more reason than most to disagree with the blockade of the airports, for me it could literally have become a life or death situation for a family member. But Wanger, you seem to have only joined these forums to promote your own agenda of dislike for Thailand and Thai people.

Truth be, the majority of my Thai colleagues here in Bangkok are actually embarrassed and ashamed of what took place last week. Many have voiced their disappointment.
    I wonder how many of your Thai colleagues would be equally embarrassed by your comments here. You are obviously tired. Maybe its time you go home?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guava View Post
    Oiiiiiiii I have more reason than most to disagree with the blockade of the airports, for me it could literally have become a life or death situation for a family member. But Wanger, you seem to have only joined these forums to promote your own agenda of dislike for Thailand and Thai people.

Not true. I came to express my opinion, that\'s what most forums are for. You don\'t have to agree with it if you don\'t want to. I don\'t dislike Thailand and Thai people. I\'m just disappointed with the way the majority of the population conducts themselves.

I wonder how many of your Thai colleagues would be equally embarrassed by your comments here. You are obviously tired. Maybe its time you go home?
    They actually share the same views I do, because almost all of them have lived abroad for several years and have had the opportunity to experience what living in a modern country is like. You know, like not always having to check their bill whenever they go into a restaurant or enjoying the fact that my country welcomes foreigners and doesn\'t make it difficult for them to stay in the country or BUY LAND.

Time to go home? I have a better idea. How about stop the scams, lying, fakery, cheating, ripping off people, etc? Whenever someone says, \"Maybe its time you go home,\" it really means, \"We\'re not willing to change and become modernized, we don\'t want to stop cheating our own as well as foreigners.\" You expect me to say nothing and just take it up the rear? Sorry, but when I see something wrong, I will point out...and retreating into the scriptures of \"Well, if you don\'t like it, then you should go home,\" doesn\'t cut it for me. Stop acting like selfish, dangerous children and maybe more people won\'t want to go home.

I\'m not a tourist here. I live and work here providing a service for not only the expats that live here, but to a very large population of Thais.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
    US Embassy, 120/22 Wireless Road, Bangkok
    According to some Cookies Tracing recently carried out, that address ought instead to read:

Pished-off Bar,
    Biggest Barstool
    Soi 7 Angry (been in Thailand too long) Expat
    South Pattaya
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Cleary View Post
    According to some Cookies Tracing recently carried out, that address ought instead to read:

Pished-off Bar,
    Biggest Barstool
    Soi 7 Angry (been in Thailand too long) Expat
    South Pattaya
    Stevie boy. How old are you? 12? Lemme guess...xxxxxxxxx because you couldn\'t hack it in your own country. That about the gist of it?

Khun Pichai made a threat to me, I gave him my working address, now lets see if he shows up. I\'ve got nothing to hide.
    Last edited by Khun Don; 06-12-08 at 05:14 PM. Reason: unacceptable-and known to be totally untrue!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
    This voracious act clearly shows the truth and ugliness about Thailand and its people. This is why they will never evolve into a modern country.

Thank you Thailand for showing the world your true colors.
    You are making an immature remark that everyone in the country is the one and the same. It is just as good as saying all the followers of a certain religion are terrorists or all the people of a certain country are imperialial bullies who wage war on another country without good evidence. That is certainly not true.

Compartmentalising everyone in your little neat pigeon-holes is not going to make the world a better place.

Thanks

Wagner,

After 10 years working in Thailand you, have formed some pretty strong views there. Maybe you should take a look at yourself and your attitude towards people. In my experience, you get as good as you give. You could ask for a transfer to another U.S. embassy. Even here in London there are all the problems that you highlighted. I found them on my visits to the States.
    Have you ever heard the saying ‘Africa is for Africans’ I’m not trying to compare Africa and Asia though it does put across a point.

Did you miss your flight home for thanksgiving? Did you lose money?

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks

Not too strong on diplomacy either are we?
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeows View Post
    You are making an immature remark that everyone in the country is the one and the same. It is just as good as saying all the followers of a certain religion are terrorists or all the people of a certain country are imperialial bullies who wage war on another country without good evidence. That is certainly not true.

Compartmentalising everyone in your little neat pigeon-holes is not going to make the world a better place.
    Correct so let me rephrase that to the Majority. I agree with you 100% but at least Bush admitted he made a mistake and the intel given to him about Iraq was not correct.

With the PAD? There were no farang to blame, no where to turn and take the victim’s role as is Thailand’s normal policy. This time it was a totally Thai vs. Thai. They did it for the few thousand extra baht tossed their way and screw the rest of the country and visitors.

Has the PAD even offered an apology to the foreigners they held for eight days? Walking around handing out a few sandwiches and coffee just doesn\'t cut it for me. .

I have formed some very strong views about this country, but make no mistake, they come from my personal experiences with working and interacting with the community here for ten years.

Thread Information