PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
3 weeks itinerary, advice please! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 3 weeks itinerary, advice please!

You are welcome. After your holiday, please come back to give us a report so that we can see how you got on.

Have fun!

Thanks

happy Re: 3 weeks itinerary, advice please!

I just came back from 14days Samui long holidays.Been to Koh Tao,sail pass Koh NangYaun and Koh Phangan.
    The sea to Koh NanYaun n Koh Tao is very rough.Most of the farang backpackers went to Koh NangYaun first than took ferry to Koh Phangan for their full moon party.
    My stay in Samui at Chaweng beach area is wonderful.Everything,from food to shops,all right in front .But abit expensive.Luckily this time,due to closure of Bkk airports,most of tourists cannot/cancel theirs trip there.Making Samui 1/4 full.
    But now ,as from Sun,14/12.its picking up.
    If you have anything you want to know,Samui or Koh Tao,elephants ride,mango disco,island sightsee..maybe i can help...
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thanks

happy Re: 3 weeks itinerary, advice please!

Here are some of the photo taken on my trip,maybe some idea of the place.

1.photo-Koh Tao

2.photo-Koh Nangyaun

3.photo-Chaweng beach,Samui island

4.photo-Koh Phangan
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thanks

Lol, this reminds me of my first trip to Thailand. I travelled with five other friends, two of which had been there before. They had our whole 3 weeks planned out something similiar to your itinerary. In the end I let them do what they want and I stayed in Koh Samui for nearly 3 weeks and I loved it.

I think to really enjoy yourself, don't plan. Trying to visit all these places in a few weeks would be tiresome and although you will have been to many places in Thailand you wont have really seen any of them.
    If you are having fun somewhere then stay there, when you get bored move on.
    It depends on what you are looking for. The North has fascinating cultural and historical sites in Chaing Mai, Chaing Rai, Sukhothai and Ayuthaya.
    And the South has some of the best beaches and resorts I have seen. The Full Moon Party is a bit of a mess but if you enjoy beach parties I'm sure you will love it. I really enjoy Krabi and the surrounding areas, Phuket can be great fun and Koh Phi Phi is beautiful and very chilled out.
    Enjoy!
    That does it, I'm off to book a flight for Song Kran
    Last edited by tomboR; 17-12-08 at 10:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

> If you are having fun somewhere then stay there, when you get bored move on.

just don't forget that everybody will be on the move from Dec 31 to Jan 4 (5-day weekend). if you check you'll see that e.g. plane ticket prices from Bangkok to Chiang Mai (and back) are more than double the usual price. the sleeper train is fully booked. etc.

Thanks

Good advice from Betti. I forgot about the time of year, but for me that would be more reason not to be too worried where I am going. If a flight, train or Bus is booked out or ridiculously overpriced then I would go elswhere.

Also, I'm guessing that you are arriving in Bangkok on the "21st of Dec, as you have Day 5 Christmas day in Chaing Mai.
    That would make Day 11 the Full Moon party on New Years Eve and I think the next Full Moon Party is around the 11th of Jan.
    Maybe I am wrong.
    Last edited by tomboR; 17-12-08 at 10:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomboR View Post
    Also, I'm guessing that you are arriving in Bangkok on the "21st of Dec, as you have Day 5 Christmas day in Chaing Mai.
    That would make Day 11 the Full Moon party on New Years Eve and I think the next Full Moon Party is around the 11th of Jan.
    Maybe I am wrong.
    They have Full Moon parties on December 25th, December 31st, and then January 10th. I doubt that anyone will notice there isn't actually a Full Moon on Cristmas Day and New Year's Eve.

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

LOl, I see. Its not about the full moon just the party!

Thanks

Well there are also the Half Moon, Black Moon or Shiva Moon parties...different according to the moon but also put on by different people and held in different places around the island.

I would reiterate the need to pre-book, particularly if you are a first time visitor with a specific list of things you can't miss - and are not sure when/if you're coming back!

Thread Information