PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
eThaiMusic.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: eThaiMusic.com

Thanks

happy

We are working hard on ethaimusic.com and plan to launch it as a weekly web next week. At the moment it looks like Suthee will run the site as he knows more about Thai music than Nattawud.

We can now confirm that we will have weekly competitions on the site where you can win Thai albums! However, to enter the competition you must be a regular on these forums. This means you must be a registered member and you must have made at least 5 posts. You don't have to post in the Learning Thai forum only as we also have forums on different aspects of Thailand life and culture.

Thanks
    The new web site at ethaimusic.com is nearly ready to be launched. Most of the files have been uploaded already. Everything should be ready by tomorrow (Tuesday 14th). At the moment there are 15 songs with flash audio streaming, mp3 downloads, printable lyrics, Thai and English translations and karaoke Roman text to help you sing along. Please help check everything is OK.

Thanks to all the forum members who helped with translations. If you see any mistakes please let us know.

New songs will be added every tuesday. The competition to win Thai music albums will start this Tuesday and is for members of this forum only.
    Suthee "Phong" Buayam
    Learn Thai through music at www.ethaimusic.com
    Buy Thai music online at www.ethaicd.com

Thanks
    Thanks Suthee and everyone else involved in making this web site. It is now one of my all-time favorites. If you are doing requests, can you do more female singers in the future?

snow88 Guest
    Thanks to all your effort. This is the first time I m visiting Thai site. I like the translation to english. It helps people like me a lot on pronounciation.

My favorite song is definitely "Kon Prot Kon Blaek" (Favourite Person, Strange Person). Music and vocal very lovely, I confessed. I m geeting in luv with Thai music.

I would like to suggest that more songs be added as the current qty is definitely too few. P/s: pls add in translation as well.

Many Thanks!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks for your comments so far. More songs will be added for sure. But, we will have to keep an eye on the server. The web site is actually on two different servers at the moment which should help things for a while. But, once the web site becomes really big (and popular) we will probably have to pay a lot more money for a better server.

Please let us know if you are having trouble with any links or problems with downloading.

The weekly competition is now on the web site. It is an easy question and you can easily win some Thai music albums!

There are also links to buy CDs at
    ethaicd.com. We were going to sell cds ourselves but we can't beat their prices. They have thousands of cds and probably buy wholesale. We can't do that. I tried to sell cds before and lost a lot of money!

If you use one of the links to buy a cd at ethaicd.com you are helping support our web site. Every time you buy something we get 5%. It doesn't cost you extra to do this so we hope you will please support us. Any money made from this goes straight back into the web site to pay for the weekly competitions, server rental and our promotional offers.

Any comments are welcome or ideas to make the web site better.

http://www.ethaimusic.com/
    Suthee "Phong" Buayam

Thanks
    Hi snow88, "Kon Prot Kon Blaek" is also my favorite song too! I have bought the Cherry album and play it often. What else do you like?

Thanks
    hey all,
    the new ethaimusic site is great! You did a fantastic job of adding on to it.
    One thing I noticed was that the link to download the Oh song "jai hai bai" mp3 doesn't work.
    Also, the tranlation for the Dunk song "Pan Meua" hasn't been done yet? So I guess you'll only put the link for that mp3 once the translation is done...
    I think I'll have a go at it. (It'll take me a while.)

Thanks
    Thanks roni for telling us about the link problem. It is working now. The problem was that the file name had capital letters for mp3 on the server so it didn't match the link.

Yes, there are only mp3 downloads for songs that have English translations.
    Suthee "Phong" Buayam

Thanks

Gor Gai

Thank you sooo much for providing the ethaimusic website!!! You have no idea how much this means to mean I mean NO IDEA!! Last summer, I went to Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia and then later on I just fell in love with Thai music. I thought there would be nothing like the ethaimusic website that would still make me engaged to Thai music. Did I mentioned Thai music was my husband?

snow88 Guest
    Hi Jackie,

So far "Kon Prot Kon Blaek" is my FAVORITE. I've printed the lyrics out and desperately trying very hard to memorising it. I did try some other songs on the ethaimusic site but Cherry's one is the best.

Is the Cherry album good? I thought of getting it too. But I may encounter some problems at Golden Mile Shopping Centre in Spore. Do you have other recommendations where the music is quite similar (slow & catchy)? It will be much easier for me to learn.

Cheers!!!!

Thread Information