PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Renting a flat/condo/apartment in Bangkok - How much?
    Thanks

so happy! Renting a flat/condo/apartment in Bangkok - How much?

Hi,

I will live in Bangkok with my wife in January and I would like to know what is the average price in Bangkok for renting a flat (both in the center and outskirt) and if you know any good sites. When I search on Google, I only find expensive flats (200.000 bahts/month - who can afford that?!!).

I am not looking for anything special. A typical thai flat will do it.

Thanks

Re: Renting a flat/condo/apartment in Bangkok - How much?

I have no idea the quality of the service from this apartment site, but I spend many hours day-dreaming here. Thai Apartment The tab at the top let's you adjust price and they certainly have inexpensive apartments.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeeremie View Post
    Hi,
    I will live in Bangkok with my wife in January and I would like to know what is the average price in Bangkok for renting a flat (both in the center and outskirt) and if you know any good sites. When I search on Google, I only find expensive flats (200.000 bahts/month - who can afford that?!!).
    I am not looking for anything special. A typical thai flat will do it.
    How long will you be renting? Most "typical" Thai apartments I know will need you to pay at least 3 months' rents upfront.
    The price will depends on the location and type of apartment. A simple apartment, studio type (no bed rooms) without air-con and water heater can be around 2,500baht- 3,000 baht (excluding electricity and water bill). With air-con and water heater can be around 4,000baht- 8,000baht depending on locations. Most of these are meant for the locals only so I doubt they'll advertise on english newspapers or the internet except maybe Thai based sites. Locals usually "walk-in" themselves to check out these apartments. Depending on your budget, most foreign expats stay in condo types apartment with facilities and cost at least 15,000baht a month.
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks

Its hard to find 15,000bhat ones in the center/heart of Bangkok.. but its not to say there aren't any. But there are ones that cost 10,000-13,000 of which are located right next to the BTS train stations so that should make life much easier. What's your budget? Are you sure you want a "typical" thai flat? Some of those do not even have water heating machinese/aircon... I think a room should at least have the most basic necessities (water heating machine in the bathroom, aircon, fridge).

Thanks

I stay in a condo, about 15 years old now, 5 mins the BTS. Depending on whether you want 1 or 2 bedrooms (and how well furnished they are) the rents are in the range of 12,000 to 18,000 baht. Two pools, small fitness room, mini-mart, hair salon, restaurant and nice gardens.

Thanks

Mine is one bedroom, bathroom, balcony, air con, hot water, bed, wardrobe, dresser for 4,500 baht a month in Bang Kapi

Thanks

I used to live in one in Dusit, Bedroom, bathroom (inc tub), Huge Living Room/Kitchen, furnished, for 5,500. This was a few years back so will be a bit more expensive now. Pm me for the address.

Thanks

Hi -

I came across this post and thanks to the response from Buckie. May I know how much a used condo cost in Bang Kapi area? 15 years old, 1 bed room, 1 bath with area for cloth washing, no AC, I believe that there is hot water. Located near Amphor Bangkapi, market, mall, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NLuu View Post
    Hi -
    I came across this post and thanks to the response from Buckie. May I know how much a used condo cost in Bang Kapi area? 15 years old, 1 bed room, 1 bath with area for cloth washing, no AC, I believe that there is hot water. Located near Amphor Bangkapi, market, mall, etc.
    Thanks in advance,
    Are you a foreigner? Do you intend to stay long in Thailand? If not I suggest you just rent. I think The Mall Bangkapi area is quite cheap and you should be able to find apartments around the range of 2,500 (non furnished, non aircon) to 5,000 (furnished with aircon and water heater).
    Price for condo really varies because it depends on the developers and managment. There are condos which although only 15 years old, looks like 50 years old, and 15 years old but look like 5 with new paint every 2 years. You know what I mean? I'll suggest you take a visit down personally to check out the apartment and area before you make your decision.
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thread Information