PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Pictures: Tulips in Chiang Mai!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Tulips in Chiang Mai!

I vividly remember the chaotic, pushing-shoving scenes at the Ratchaphruek flower show 2 years ago, with all the people trying to get their photos taken with tulips in the background at the Dutch exhibition area.
    tulips are my favourite flowers and I used to have dozens of special breeds back home in my garden.
    nevertheless, it was a complete coincidence that we stopped at Krisadadoi resort on the Samoeng loop this weekend. it is an upscale resort hotel with a beautiful garden full of continental and mediterranean flowers and plants - including a couple of hundred tulips in a cool, shaded area, alongside some orchids, lilies, fire lilies, hyacinths. everything is colourful and dazzling and you feel right back home in Europe, except for a tour bus full of Chinese tourists, who did leave after taking their photos. the altitude is 700 metres, and the location is the rolling hill country behind Doi Suthep. I think about 10 kms from the southern end of the Samoeng loop, on the left hand side of the road. a 100 cc can easily get up there with two people riding.
    entry is 60 baht I think? maybe 40. sorry I forgot.
    they have a website that's easy to find with a simple search - it's about the resort, not the garden, and it is crappy anyway, so I am not linking it.
    tulips in Chiang Mai! isn't that amazing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008 dec samoeng loop 103.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	3058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008 dec samoeng loop 107.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	3059  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008 dec samoeng loop 110.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	298.7 KB 
ID:	3060  

Thanks

Re: Tulips in Chiang Mai!

Oh. Yes. The girls in Chingmai are as beautiful as tulips. LOL

Thanks

Hi Betti, would like to confirm that I read it correctly that all these flowers pics are taken within the compound of Krisadadoi resort hotel?

Thanks

confirmed. there were still beds of tulips with only buds so it's not over yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Betti View Post
    confirmed. there were still beds of tulips with only buds so it's not over yet.
    Oh...its a seasonal thingy huh?

Thanks

I guess so! don't know how long they can keep tulips alive. in Europe, they are usually blooming in early April and they wilt on the first really hot and sunny day. they are not in an airconditioned greenhouse here. but maybe they will be later? I have no idea! now they are just in the shade.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Betti View Post
    I guess so! don't know how long they can keep tulips alive. in Europe, they are usually blooming in early April and they wilt on the first really hot and sunny day. they are not in an airconditioned greenhouse here. but maybe they will be later? I have no idea! now they are just in the shade.
    Thank you once again Betti for all your replies and Happy New Year!

Thanks

Tulips in bloom!

21 December 2009 (NNT) – The tulip season has started off at Chai Prakan district in the northern province of Chiang Mai.

The 3rd Chai Prakan Tulip Blooming Festival will be held from 31 December 2009 to 4 January 2010, according to the Chai Prakan Chief District Officer, Chokdee Amornwat. Tulips from the Netherlands have been grown at
    Ban Pha Daeng in Tambon Nong Bua of Chiang Mai province.

Around 10,000-20,000 tulips have started to bloom in various colors , red, yellow, purple, pink, orange as well as red and white. Tourists can also enjoy a number of side activities such as hill tribes’ beauty contest, cultural performances and tribal sports competition. On the night of 31 December 2009, there will be a New Year Countdown at the tulip field.

Chai Prakan District is situated in the northern part of Chiang Mai Province with a number of tourist attractions including
    Nationalist Chinese Headquarter, Chai Prakan’s Grand Canyon, Lod Bap - Rub Bun cavern, Emerald Pool, Thousand Years Forest and Doi Ang Khang.

This event is being heavily advertised all over Chiang Mai. It is over 100 kms away from the city, on the way to Fang - not sure about the exact area once there. Just follow the crowd I guess!

I haven't checked out Krisadadoi yet so I don't know if they have the little tulip garden this year.

Last edited by Betti; 21-12-09 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks

I went up to Krisadadoi this afternoon, and there are some tulips - about 8 beds in bloom, a couple more with nice fresh buds. it has been unseasonally warm recently so they are not perfect, but they are nice enough to look at and take photos of if you don't want to battle the crowds at Chaiprakan. hardly any people here, most only stay a few mins to take the pics and then they are off. I was hanging around for an hour just at the tulips. the lights are very nice after 2 p.m. or so (but after 3, much of the other temperate gardens are in the shade and not so spectacular).
    it is only 12 kms from the Samoeng road - canal road junction (or 25 kms from downtown Chiang Mai).

I will post some photos tomorrow.

Thanks

I forgot to mention that entry fee is 70 baht for adults, 50 baht for children. It is worth it if you are a flower fan

Here are some photos of the resort area. Btw, it is really expensive to stay here. There is a small coffee shop and a restaurant that I didn't even dare to go anywhere near. You can also buy strawberry wine, longan wine, and dried fruit.

Name:	krisadadoi1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	6149 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krisadadoi5.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	6153

Name:	krisadadoi3.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	6151 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krisadadoi4.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	6152

Name:	krisadadoi2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	6150 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krisadadoi6.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	6154

At the same time, the Chaiprakan tulip show advertises that they have 20,000 plants, and lots of hilltribe activites. I still have not found info in English about exact place and entrance fee.

Thread Information