PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Pictures: Tulips in Chiang Mai! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Tulips in Chiang Mai!

I got my weekly tulip fix at Krisadadoi Resort this afternoon. I got there quite late and all the flowers were already in the shade. If you have been there in previous years, note that they are planted in a different area this year, need to follow the Thai signs to a small corner. Most of them have wilted or are just about to give up, not sure if they are getting replaced, with the current warm weather, I'm not sure they are going to last until next weekend.
    Entry fee is 60 baht, 40 for kids. There are lots of flowers, it is a nicely landscaped garden, though smaller than Mae Fa Luang, but equally professionally done.
    There was some flower show with tulips near the 700 year stadium as well this weekend but I didn't go to see that one, it was reported to be very crowded.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krisadadoi1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	13670 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krisadadoi3.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	13671 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krisadadoi2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	13672
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krisadadoi4.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	13673 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krisadadoi5.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	13674 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	krisadadoi6.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	13675

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Betti For This Useful Post:

Marie (04-01-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,318 Times in 3,446 Posts

Hope you can make it to the Netherlands one day during tulip time -fields and fields of tulips are truly something to behold
    Last edited by Khun Don; 03-01-11 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks

at home - I mean back home in Europe - I had pictures of Keukenhof all over the walls for over a decade - I don't think I will ever be able to afford a holiday in Holland but who knows.

Thanks

Keukenhof is only one aspect -also in the area are fields which run for several kilometres

Thanks

for me a garden is a lot nicer than these "industrial" fields :-)
    maybe it has changed and it is not so bad anymore but I remember I had a hard time on the exchange programs in Holland and then Norway. in Norway the family didn't give me proper meals and I couldn't afford to eat, I didn't have enough money to pay for food at five-ten fold prices. Holland wasn't a lot better either, I also missed out on the museums there. I didn't eat a lot in England either, spending all my money on insanely expensive transport and entrance tickets e.g. Westminster. luckily I never had to pay for accommodation in either country, but even so, one month in England (my only time ever in an English-speaking country) wiped out one year's savings. I did Portugal and Italy in tents (youth camps), Czechoslovakia with my grandparents in tents when I was 13, Greece in cheap package tours and hitch-hiking across the country (bungalows miles from the sea of course), Transylvania with friends, Croatia hitch-hiking and pitching a tent in fields or sometimes ending up sleeping in a ditch. all back in the last millennium. I came to Thailand funded by a British organisation, who paid my flight. one of the highlights of working in Thailand is being able to afford holidays and travelling. it is a nice change....
    I could cough up the Keukenhof entry fee (600 baht it seems) but I don't think a European holiday will ever fit within my budget again! and I am probably too old for that ditch or random tent in the middle of the field. :-)

Thanks

First stand on a roadside and look over kilometres of perfectly flat multi coloured fields before making your final decision! (Free!) If you are brave go into the fields for a closer look-and photos (mine got ruined due to a malfunctioning Minolta 35 mm compact)
    THE place to eat well and cheaply in Amsterdam (for anyone interested)
    Even I don't eat in a restaurant in London- ridiculously most over priced and over hyped place on the planet generally (and I was born there!)
    Last edited by Khun Don; 04-01-11 at 01:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 464 Posts

Wow Khun Don.

I have book marked tulip tme, it looks spectacular! One day i hope i can visit.

Billy.

Thread Information