Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Noodles

Thanks

Noodles

Noodle shops recommended by Manager.co.th

Odian ¹
    Noodle, wonton with crab meat
    Near Wat Dtraimitre, Chinatown, open 08.30-21.00, tel 08-6888-2341, 08-4703-4042

Ba Mee Mang Korn Koo - ѧä (ѧ)
    Noodle, wonton with fried pork
    Soi Vipavadee 2 (in front of the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce), open 07.00-19.00, tel 08-1116-6886, 08-1777-6996

Ba Mee Jap Kang Ѻѧ
    Noodle, wonton with red pork
    Near Tanghuaseng Department Store , Sirinthorn road, open 10.00-18.00, tel 08-7999-6533

Guay Dtieow Reua (boat noodle) Ayutthaya Shinnakhet - ظ Թࢵ
    Noodle with beef or pork
    Soi Shinnakhet 2/8, Ngamwongwan road, open 08.30-15.00, tel 08-5845-5241, 08-1291-2340
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails noodle with crab meat from Odian.jpg   ba mee mang korn koo.jpg  

ba mee jap kang.jpg   boat noodle shinnakhet.jpg  

Thanks

Re: Noodle

Yen Dta Foh Bpak-Ging 繵⿻ѡ
    Noodle with red bean curd sauce, homemade fish ball
    Opposite Wat Srisudaram, Bangkhoonnon road, Bangkoknoi, open 08.00-15.00, tel 0-2424-9489

Noodle-Next Life (Guay Dtieow Chart Nhaa) Ǫҵ˹, customers gave the name of next life to this noodle cart as it took long time to get noodle after they ordered it.
    Noodle, wonton, yendtafoh, etc.
    Vipavadee soi 2, soi the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, open 08.00-19.00, tel 08-1570-4299

Look Chin Bpla Naai Ngiap ١鹻ҹº
    Noodle with fish ball
    61/46 Bangkhoonnon road, Bangkoknoi, open 9.00-18.00, tel 0-2433-2092, 0-2424-8767, 08-4676-5556
    Another branch, Phuttamonthon 4 road, tel 0-2441-0655, 0-2888-9010

Look Chin Moo Jay Muay ١
    Noodle with pork ball
    Near Wat Phra Sri Maha Thart, Bangkhean, Phahonyothin soi 55, open 08.30-20.00, tel 08-9920-5568
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yen Dta Foh.jpg   Guay Dtieow Chart Nhaa.jpg  

fish ball.jpg   pork ball.jpg  

Thanks

Chonticha ŸԪ
    Guay dtieow kua (Ǥ)
    Amnuaysongkram road, Bangkrabue, open 10.00-21.00, tel 0-2244-8887, 0-2244-8777, 08-1372-2115

Dang Guay Jap Yuan ᴧ¨꺭ǹ
    Vietnamese-style noodle
    Phrasumane road, Chanasongkram, open 11.00-22.00, tel 08-5246-0111

Hai Lek Gao Lao Moo - 3 ҧ
    Soup with meat, entrails and vegetable, no noodle.
    Pahurat, open 07.30-17.00, tel 08-9663-7063

Raat Nhaa Yod Pak Watcharapon Ҵ˹ʹѡѪþ
    Soi Watcharapon, Ramindra road, open 08.30-21.00, tel 0-2945-5144
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails guay dtieow kua.jpg   guay jap yuan.jpg  

gao lao moo.jpg   raat nha.jpg  

Thanks

Thanks kha Mel. ((( This post made me very hungry...)))
    " Every morning dedicate positive things, and during the whole day make a wish that we will always be of benefits to sentient beings. We will be helpful to any being in different ways."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 893 Posts

Noodles are my favorite and have been so ever since I visited my first noodle shop near my former home in Thonburi.

I have read that when Marco Polo visited China he brought back the idea of noodles with him, thus giving the western world spaghetti. I think, however, something was 'missing in the translation'. Have you ever tried eating spaghetti with chopsticks?

Thank you Khun Mel. Once again you have tempted my taste buds!

Thanks

Thanzs for all the above pics, Mel!
    It make me miss Thailand and its food already....

It also make me realise that there are so many type of noodles
    that I have yet to try

Anymore type of food PLS?!
    Last edited by Clashfan; 02-01-09 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks

I would like to recommended one of delicious noodle shop where I prefers to go to eat.

Doo Dee Siam at Siam Square Soi 4.

They’ve variety menues of delicious noodles with unique names such like the below lists. Their Tomyum Noodles are more delicious.
    …. / zaab maak maak

鹴 - Wune Doo Dee
    ҧ – Ba Mee Kwan Jao ** With unspicy taste
    ءԡ – Ba Mee Kluk Klick
    ʺٸ – Saab Phu Thorn
    ʺþҹ – Saab Thaharn Pran
    ʺҧǧ – Saab Thang Luang
    ʺҹ – Saab Commando
    ʺ .- Saab Tor Chor Dor
    ٵѺ 007 - Sude Lub 007

Credit : Photos from http://www.moohin.com/trips/bangkok/siam2552/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 021dn1.jpg  
    Last edited by Anatta; 03-01-09 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Adding texts and english correction
    " Every morning dedicate positive things, and during the whole day make a wish that we will always be of benefits to sentient beings. We will be helpful to any being in different ways."

Thanks

My favourite noodles are those bright green ones that, I think anyway, are usually eaten cold.

I don't see them in many places but always have them when we go to the 99 baht BBQ buffets.

Anyone know what they are called?
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    My favourite noodles are those bright green ones that, I think anyway, are usually eaten cold.

I don't see them in many places but always have them when we go to the 99 baht BBQ buffets.

I've seen noodles colored with pandanus extract in various desserts (e.g., custards, ice creams) and sweet drinks. Not sure I've ever heard the name, though.

Is that the one you had in mind?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

Green noodle or bamee-yok ¡ (bamee = egg noodle, yok = jade, green jade color), photo from mkrestaurant.com

From GkapiBreaths photos, they are lod-chong ʹͧ, not noodle: Singapore lod-chong and lod-chong custard (ѧʹͧ)

We have lod-chong (some call Thai lod-chong) and Singapore lod-chong.

Thai lod-chong ʹͧ, made from rice flour (駢), the texture is softer than Singapore lod-chong, coconut milk must be sweetened with palm sugar, unlike Singapore lod-chong. Many people like to eat Thai lod-chong with Thai melon or muskmelon (ᵧ) or/and sticky rice.

Singapore lod-chong ʹͧԧ, made from tapioca flour (ѹѧ), I like to add shredded jackfruit in this dessert, better taste. Actually, I prefer to add egg ice cream in Singapore lod-chong, unfortunately the only seller of this combination dessert passed away long time ago, there are many sellers of Singapore lod-chong but I havent found the seller of egg ice cream for long time.

Singapore lod-chong has been adjusted to have many colors (different ingredient of color), one of my favorite Singapore lod-chong is made from butterfly pea (͡ѭѭ). Thai lod-chong remains in the original green color from pandanus, not from food color.

Green color of bamee-yok and lod-chong comes from pandanus () or/and food color, some makers use both as they will get green as they want.

Singapore lod-chong originally made by Thai people but the popular lod-chong shop around 60 years ago located nearby the movie theater named Singapore then this kind of lod-chongs called Singapore lod-chong.

Photos: lod-chong Thai melon (ʹͧᵧ) - http://www.bloggang.com/viewdiary.ph...roup=6&gblog=3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails set-a.jpg   thai melon.jpg  

Last edited by Mel; 23-03-09 at 05:34 PM.

Thread Information