Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Noodles

Thanks

Re: Noodle

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Singapore lod-chong originally made by Thai people but the popular lod-chong shop around 60 years ago located nearby the movie theater named Singapore then this kind of lod-chongs called Singapore lod-chong.
    Photos: lod-chong Thai melon (ʹͧᵧ) - http://www.bloggang.com/viewdiary.ph...roup=6&gblog=3
    I read similar explaination on a magazine before. I'm curious though. Is this "Singapore" theater still around? Why is this theater name "Singapore"? Is it because the owner is a Singaporean or they show only Singapore movies? Anyone knows?
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks

I really dont know the history of this Singapore theater, anyway I found the information mentioning the owner of this theater, Chinese in Thailand, not Singaporean. The owner was the importer of products from Singapore, that might be the reason of the name - Singapore. Later this theater was demolished and the new theater was built with the new name Sala Chalermburi ().

There were 2 more theaters with the names related to other countries: Yee Pun (Japan) theater, Chawa (Indonesia) theater. All of these theaters went out of business very long time ago.

The popular lod-chong shop was in front of Singapore movie theater, the shop was called raan nha rhong nhang Singapore (ҹ˹ç˹ѧԧ) its quite long, people called it short as raan Singapore or raan lod-chong Singapore.

Thanks

I got an email about the noodle that I havent tried it before guay dtieow bpak mor naam - ǻҡ͹Ӓ which originally from Aumphur Panomsarakham, Chacheongsao province, anyway we can have it in Bangkok, Lad Prao soi 71, tel. 086 322 5567.

Normally we eat khao griap bpak mor (ºҡ) or kanom bpak mor (ҡ) as an appetizer, but this shop cook it as noodle. They have 6 kinds of stuffing: bamboo shoot (˹), flowering Chinese chives (ª), bean curd (), bean sprout (ǧ͡), cowpea (ǽѡ), and sweet stuff (ҹ).

After making bpak mor - ҡ͒ one by one, the pretty girl will put it in prepared soup which include chicken feet (չ), pork bone (д١), cubed chicken blood (ʹ), meatball (١) and winter melon (ѡ), topped with garlic () and pork cracklings (ҡ).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails k.jpg   k1.jpg  

k2.jpg   k3.jpg  

k4.jpg   k5.jpg  

Thanks

6 kinds of stuffing: bamboo shoot (˹), flowering Chinese chives (ª), bean curd (), bean sprout (ǧ͡), cowpea (ǽѡ), and sweet stuff (ҹ).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stuffing.jpg  

Thanks

'khao griap bpak mor (ºҡ) or kanom bpak mor (ҡ)' and saku (Ҥ) at the shop in Bon Mache Market, Prachanivej 1, tel 08-7062-3525, 0-2954-3743

This shop has 2 kinds of stuffing: chicken and shrimp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bpak mor.jpg   bpak mor and saku.jpg  

bpak mor shop.jpg  

Thanks

Last 2 weeks I had noodle at dtalad rim naam wat san chao ҴѴҒ located by Chao Phraya River, nearby Wat San Chao and Wat Makham in Pathumthani province. Despite we were late for lunch but this place was packed with many customers from Bangkok.

The famous food of this market is guay dtieow moo bo raan ҳ (pork noodle in ancient style), Id like to add Thai pork satay (moo satay ). The first noodle shop in this market has been selling more than 50 years, open 8 pm 3 am from Tuesday to Sunday, closed on Monday, 0-2598-0208, 0-2598-4721 and 089927-9136. Photo from Thairath.

There are many food stalls in this market, I am not disappointed with those foods I bought, cheap and good taste, the special one I couldnt find in Bangkok is steamed waxy corn with yellow, white, purple color (⾴¹ khao poht tien), second from the right in the photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails noodles.jpg   satay and noodles.jpg  

waxy corn.jpg  

Thanks

Mae Sri Reuan chicken noodle (͹)

More than 30 years ago I had chicken noodle soup from this noodle shop Mae Sri Reuan for the first time in Pattaya. The specialty of this shop was shredded chicken, better taste compared to chopped chicken. I remember that we called this shop as guay dtieow gai cheek mae sri reun shredded chicken noodle'.

This shop was popular those days, they served only chicken soup in open air shop, nowadays they have noodles, rice dishes, snack, Isaan dishes,Thai dishes.This shop has been in business almost 50 years, and expanded to Bangkok with more than 10 branches.

Anyway I havent had chicken noodle soup from this shop for very long time, from the photo it seems to be chopped chicken not shredded chicken.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M001.jpg  

Thanks

i love noodle.

Thanks

Pork bone broth recipe

Last weekend I had lunch meeting with relatives, lots of food as always, noodle was served on the menu, one of my cousins asked me about the recipe of noodle soup - pork bone broth in the restaurant that I had years ago, many customers liked it, so did my relatives. I didnt cook it myself, head cook did, he (I should call her as he prefers to be called her) had talent in cooking and very good in adjusting recipe after I suggested what it should be. I didnt like her first recipe, so she adjusted it and added fresh sugar cane in the broth, I liked the taste. We grew sugar cane in our site, fresh taste always.

My pork broth can be used for other soup dishes, also I added 2-3 tablespoons of this broth in some stir-fried dishes, better taste.

Ingredients

10 liters water
    1/2 - 1 kilo bone-in pork meat (rib or leg bone), trim off fat
    1/2 cup thinly sliced Chinese white radish
    2-3 tablespoons Thai light (thin or white) soy sauce (sii eew kao)
    6-7 big garlic cloves, peeled and roughly pounded
    1 tablespoon ground pepper
    1 fresh sugar cane with 2-3 inches long, peeled and roughly pounded

If fresh sugar cane is not available, rock sugar (ӵšǴ naam dtarn gruat) is ok, but I prefer the taste of fresh sugar cane. The amount of each ingredient can be adjusted to personal preference.

Preparation

* Place pork bone into water in a big pot, covered, boil it over high heat
    * Skim froth and fat from broth
    * After no more froth in the broth, lower the heat, then add all ingredients, slow simmer around 2-3 hours, this fragrant broth will be ready to serve with noodle, meat/meatball, vegetables, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sugar cane.jpg   rock sugar.jpg  

Thanks

Thanks for the recipe, Mel. I will experiment with this dish later this week with some different ingredients. Instead of using raddish, I might use lotus root as that is one of my favourite and also add some carrots and red dates as well.

Thread Information