Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Noodles

Thanks

Re: Noodle

Noodle dishes from Nuanprangs noodle bar and grill, Major Avenue, Ratchayothin, open every day 11.00 21.30, tel 0-2930-2185

Pork noodle: Strong flavor of soup stock which ground liver added.
    Chicken noodle: rice noodle (flat type) with shredded chicken, topped with almond.

Source: Dailynews.co.th
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pork noodle.jpg   chicken noodle.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I got an email about the noodle that I havent tried it before guay dtieow bpak mor naam - ǻҡ͹Ӓ which originally from Aumphur Panomsarakham, Chacheongsao province, anyway we can have it in Bangkok, Lad Prao soi 71, tel. 086 322 5567.

Normally we eat khao griap bpak mor (ºҡ) or kanom bpak mor (ҡ) as an appetizer, but this shop cook it as noodle. They have 6 kinds of stuffing: bamboo shoot (˹), flowering Chinese chives (ª), bean curd (), bean sprout (ǧ͡), cowpea (ǽѡ), and sweet stuff (ҹ).

After making bpak mor - ҡ͒ one by one, the pretty girl will put it in prepared soup which include chicken feet (չ), pork bone (д١), cubed chicken blood (ʹ), meatball (١) and winter melon (ѡ), topped with garlic () and pork cracklings (ҡ).
    I had try making this dish myself in 1 of the river market located outskirt of BKK. Its not difficult to prepare and tasted good

Thanks

Hi Mel, this is 1 of my favourite thread as it show/ remind me that there are many more dishes out in thailand that I had yet to try

Do keep it coming

Thanks

I always love your post Mel. It shows a wide range/variety of foods. Thanks for sharing.

I also love noodles, and haven't even try any of those. :(

Thanks

Thanks so much khun Mel
    You always make me namm lai yod hehe

Thanks

Domestic fowl noodle (ҹ) in Phitsanulok province, the city of the famous Phra Buddha Chinnarat

This noodle cart located in the market, open from 7 pm to 3 am, close on Monday, tel 081-324-4560, and 055-248-108.

The popular dishes are (rice flat noodle without soup) and (egg noodle without soup), these dried dishes served with separated bowl of chicken broth which made from chicken meat, not chicken bone. Photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 389_20_2.jpg   389_20_4.jpg  

389_20_5.jpg  

Thanks

I like noodles too, but I have a question about how they are made. I once watched a Thai chef make noodles. He had a big handfull of dough which he rolled backwards and forwards, then folded in a special way, then rolled again and folded again and he did this several times. Then in front of my eyes (I could hardly believe what I saw) he pulled the ends of the dough sharply and viola! The dough was instantly changed into noodles! It all happened so quickly that I am still not sure if it was real or I just imagined it. Maybe that is the traditional way of making noodles?
    Ӽ

Thanks

I understand that youre talking about homemade traditional style making of bamee or egg noodle.

Here is one process to make bamee, photos. For mass production, they are using modern machine to make noodle, depends on the size of each factory, some factories also produce meat balls.

I have seen some noodle shops show the sign homemade bamee to attract customers as we believe that fresh homemade noodle should have a better flavor.

There are different types of noodle or (guay dtieow);

1. Egg noodle called or bamee (I like to eat bamee with wonton soup or ǹ gieow naam)

Bamee khai or yellow bamee

(gieow or dumpling)

2. Rice noodle: (sen lek or flat rice noodle), ˭ (sen yai or flat, thick rice noodle), (sen mee or thin rice noodle or rice vermicelli), (giam-ee)

Sen lek

Sen Yai

Sen mee

Giam-ee

3. Noodle made from mung bean called (woon sen or glass noodle or vermicelli), § (sen siang hai)

Woon sen

Spicy stir-fried sianghai noodle with seafood (ͧѴҷ)

Thanks

Thanks Mel, but the noodles in your photos are made with a machine. When I saw noodles being made (for Pad Thai) there was no machine, just a special method of rolling and folding the dough many times and then pulling it sharply at both ends so the individual threads all separate out into noodles. Or maybe I really did imagine what I saw that day?
    Ӽ

Thanks

It's noodle making by hand which is shown in the first photo, I don't have photos of the whole process this chef started from the dough until it became noodle without using machine at all, same process as you explained.

Thread Information