PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Just a quiz
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Just a quiz

Thanks
    Can anyone make a legitimate english sentence with the word "and" used 5 times consecutively, I repeat consecutively without grammatical errors?

I will post answer after 48 hours from time of this post or until someone has the answer, which ever precedes.

Everyone is welcome to try, I would love it if some of the Thai students would like to try.

Thanks

panic

I don't get this, but yeah.. um.. OK!

Thanks

Gor Gai

Wow Makiyo! This is really a strange quiz. I believe I have the answer though... Also, do you mind if I also post a paragraph that contains the word "and" 21 times consecutively, in a grammatically correct way?

<span style='color:red'>Don&#39;t read further if you would like to solve the above puzzle yourself&#33;</span>

&gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;
    &gt;Still want to know? Well, here is one possibility:

&quot;We have a logo that says &quot;Research And Development&quot;, but the boss wanted to put a hyphen between the words Research and And and And and Development in my Research-And-Development logo.&quot;

And now here is the paragraph with 21 consecutive &quot;and&quot; words, all grammatically correct&#33;

&quot;I said that the sentence &#39;I want to put a hyphen between the words Research and And and And and Development in my Research-And-Development logo&#39; would have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Research, and between Research and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Development, as well as after Development&#33;&quot;

Just gotta love the English language...

Thanks
    &#33;&#33;&#33;Very clever&#33;&#33; I just got up from my sleep and the 21 &#39;ands&#39; have got me even more drowsy&#33; Would this be right too? --

&#39;Please make a sentence which has &#39;and&#39; coming 100 times consecutively and by that I mean the &#39;and&#39; part of the sentence would look like - &quot;and, and, and, and, and, and, .....&quot;&#39;
    Never hit someone below the belt; for you are not the creator.

Thanks
    lol Trangam&#33;

And your solution is clever too&#33;

Thanks
    My answer was the same as Seeker&#39;s, but I suppose Trangam is right too. Trangam&#39;s answer is real unique though...hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]And now here is the paragraph with 21 consecutive &quot;and&quot; words, all grammatically correct&#33;
    You can even further expand on this and expand on the sentence expanded on this in the same manner over and over till you get a million &quot;ands&quot;

Thanks

Gor Gai

First prize: a baby picture of Makiyo, the centrefold girl...

...hmmm?

Thanks

Thanks
    Here is my sentence.
    The word and has three letters, I like the word and, I wish there were more words like and, because I think the word and is great and now it&#39;s time to say good bye.
    How was that and 5 times with correct grammer, don&#39;t know about the spelling thought

Thanks
    paul_au, nice attempt but your &quot;and&quot;s were not consecutive...

The first prize is MA&#036;1000 (1000 Makiy0 dollars), redeemable in the year 6003 which is just a cool &#036;4000 years from now...

The second prize is....there is no second prize, sorry trangam...

Thread Information